Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-19-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: possible reason arod signed early?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Yankess first offer was 8/231 right?

That is 28.875 million per. If they just took that yearly salary and added two years to it the total contract is 10/288.

And it is some of your contentions that the Yankees would not have done that deal pre opt out? That the Yankess would draw the line at 8 years?

Or that if he asked for a little more than 1 million more per year to make it 10/300 the Yankees would have said no?

And that the bottom line is that Boras got Arod the most possible money he could?

Really? That is lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure thats how it goes with all contracts... "Hey can you toss like 1.3mil more per year?"

These attempts at logic are so lollercoaster. Do you not think that the yankees are were trying to use their ability to be the only option for A-rod to get a discount with their threats? It seems pretty apparent that Boras/Ghey Rod called their bluff and Yankees magically found some more dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think the Yankees, with upwards of two weeks to negotiate, gave Arod their absolute best offer as their first offer?

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of retard logic is this? Obv not. Thats why A-rod opted out and got a better deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arod would have probably gotten a better deal if he hadn't opted out.
Though if he ends up breaking the HR record the $$$ he makes off that will probably offset a normal 10/280 or 10/300 deal
Old 11-19-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The better deal equates to two more years at less money per year than what they offered pre opt out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow. Do you know anything about contracts? Do you have any semblance of what A-rod would need to get paid for a one year deal?

I'm not contract expert, but this is pretty basic.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The better deal equates to two more years at less money per year than what they offered pre opt out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Just wow. Do you know anything about contracts? Do you have any semblance of what A-rod would need to get paid for a one year deal?

I'm not contract expert, but this is pretty basic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to avoid the meat of that response. RedBeans gimmick account? I will try to make it more clear for you in this post in the form of yes or no questions.

But to answer you first. Obviously you take *less* per year to sign a long term contract. But that is not the point.

The offer the Yankees made before the WS was even over was 8/231. You said that was in no way there best offer. Which, presumably, would mean they would offer more money or more years, at least in my mind. But remember, I am no contract expert.

Arod is signing for 10/275.

Are you saying that the Yankees would not have signed that deal pre opt out? That is a yes or no question so you don't get confused.

The difference between what they offered before any negotiating and what he is signing for is 2 years and 44 million. Are you telling me the Yankees would have let Arod opt out and not signed that deal as fast as possible if Boras laid that counter offer on the table? Again, yes or no question.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 PM

No they would not have. Also the incentives make a significant difference to the value of the contract if included. Pretty easy to leave it out?
Old 11-19-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No they would not have. Also the incentives make a significant difference to the value of the contract if included. Pretty easy to leave it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think it would have been the years or the money that would have made the Yankees walk away?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think it would have been the years or the money that would have made the Yankees walk away?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? They wanted to get a discount by exclusive rights to negotiate. Boras said fk u. Yankees said "Okay. LOLZ just kidding. Here's more money." What is the confusion?
Old 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM

I asked:

[ QUOTE ]
Arod is signing for 10/275.

Are you saying that the Yankees would not have signed that deal pre opt out? That is a yes or no question so you don't get confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you said:

[ QUOTE ]
No they would not have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I said:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it would have to be one of those two options that would make them decide to cut of negotiations. Again, I am no contract expert, but I think the meat of contracts are usually length and money.

So WTF are YOU talking about?

It seems pretty simple to me.

The Yankees offered 8/231. You agreed that was not their *best* pre-opt out offer. Which by my deductive reasoning skills would lead me to believe you thought they might have offered more years or more money before Arod opted out. So then I said, hey thremp, do you think if Boras/Arod offered 10/275 pre opt out the Yankees would have agreed to that deal? And you said no. So I asked you why. Would they not agree to more money over the 8 years? Or would it be giving him 2 more years that was the walking point?

I really don't see how this is complicated.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:54 PM

No, I didn't agree it was their best pre-opt out offer. You're fabricating a story. 8/231 was the best offer A-rod had pre-opt out. Now he has 10/275+incentives.

I think the crux of this is that people think if A-rod sat down with the yanks longer he would've gotten 10/296+incentives which is idiotic.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I didn't agree it was their best pre-opt out offer. You're fabricating a story. 8/231 was the best offer A-rod had pre-opt out. Now he has 10/275+incentives.

I think the crux of this is that people think if A-rod sat down with the yanks longer he would've gotten 10/296+incentives which is idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

If 8/231 was on the table, there is no way in hell the Yankees would have balked at 10/275+ incentives. 296 might have been a stretch, but not much of one.

The conversation could have gone something like this:

Yankees: 8/231
Boras: 10/350
Yankees: 10/260
Boras: 10/300
Yankees: 10/275 + incentives to get it to 300+
Boras: ok, cool.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is that if the Yankees were willing to start at 8/231 what number could they have negotiated to that is less than 10/275? There is just not a whole lot of room in between those two numbers.