Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Re: ZOMG - Gramps Only Took 3.75 Years to Make 1600 Posts!

Buyin 110$
Seat 3: Ipaman ($5,780 in chips)
Seat 5: K_Arthur ($2400 in chips)
Seat 6: hero ($2,205 in chips)
Seat 10: wester112 ($5,375 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
hero posts blind ($400), wester112 posts blind ($800).

PRE-FLOP
Ipaman folds, K_Arthur folds, HERO ????

Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

what to do here ?
2) What is your nick on stars ?
Old 11-04-2007, 10:51 AM

up
Old 11-04-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buyin 110$
Seat 3: Ipaman ($5,780 in chips)
Seat 5: K_Arthur ($2400 in chips)
Seat 6: hero ($2,205 in chips)
Seat 10: wester112 ($5,375 in chips)
ANTES/BLINDS
hero posts blind ($400), wester112 posts blind ($800).

PRE-FLOP
Ipaman folds, K_Arthur folds, HERO ????

Hero has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

what to do here ?
2) What is your nick on stars ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think Q9s is too good to fold against most/all calling ranges here. Sucks a bit to be the first one to jump in, but once you get to 400/800 on the bubble, it's time to gamboooolllll.

I'm River Prayer on Stars, and playing for RB there is fun.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:24 PM

Lake Chabot is fun. Brag: I've parred 18 by pitching in from that big slope behind the green after pulling my drive OB. Of course it was nearly dark when I did it too. I'm pretty sure no one has actually seen the 18th at Chabot in full daylight. This was after getting run off one of the 14th by a flock of turkeys. Still, the place has some great views. Tilden is always in terrible shape for what they charge, now that the $10 super-twilight is gone. It's really a shame because the layout is good. Presidio is as boring as Harding is interesting.

Chuck Corica in Alameda is one of the best $20 courses I've ever played. Monarch Bay is also probably worth the trip at least once. If you want to go farther, Wente in Livermore is what happens when you combine Greg Norman, 20 bulldozers, and a suitcase full of peyote.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lake Chabot is fun. Brag: I've parred 18 by pitching in from that big slope behind the green after pulling my drive OB. Of course it was nearly dark when I did it too. I'm pretty sure no one has actually seen the 18th at Chabot in full daylight. This was after getting run off one of the 14th by a flock of turkeys. Still, the place has some great views. Tilden is always in terrible shape for what they charge, now that the $10 super-twilight is gone. It's really a shame because the layout is good. Presidio is as boring as Harding is interesting.

Chuck Corica in Alameda is one of the best $20 courses I've ever played. Monarch Bay is also probably worth the trip at least once. If you want to go farther, Wente in Livermore is what happens when you combine Greg Norman, 20 bulldozers, and a suitcase full of peyote.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can drive it pretty far with a high draw, but the few times I've landed it just right to get a big kick/roll on 18 at Lake Chabot, I find myself with my right foot at least a foot about my left, and with a 2nd shot that has to be all carry, I'm thinking it's going to take another California drought before I ever have a realistic shot of hitting that hole in two.

Tilden is way overpriced for the weekends. I've played Chuck Corica ~ 100 times, but any good scores there feel kind of cheap as you can hit your drives 50 yards left or right on a bunch of holes (esp. the South) and still be okay. Wente is one of the courses I still have yet to play.

One story from Lake Chabot - I was playing there ~ 10 years ago when some motorist with an arrest warrant out on him took a shot at a cop that tried to pull him over, and fled by car, jumping out and holing up in the Canyon on the backside (surrounded by 18, 12, 13). There were like 3 dozens cop cars surrounding it, a chopper overhead, and someone on a speakerphone encouraging "Christopher" to come out with his hands up. My group is getting ready to putt on number 8 (~ 1/2 mile away) a cop pulls up and says we can't put b/c they have to land the chopper (on the green) to refuel. They were turning everyone back at 11, but apparently Christopher got itchy and made a move right before my group go there...so we were the first ones allowed to finish our round. Dude's clothes & shoes were laid out on the 13th fairway (meaning I think he got shot up, hard to hear with loud chopper).

That was the 2nd most amazing thing I saw on the day. On the first hole, my friend took a full swing with his driver, caught the ball on the bottom of the club, and it squirted backwards a yard, ending up about a foot behind his tee.