Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: weed
weed 12 100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 PM

Default Re: 25k at the 60s in 1 month challenge (Oct props)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This actually could be an interesting experiment in SNG variance. I don't think we've ever had this many SNGs played in such a short time frame by the same person presumably playing basically the same.

Generally after 8k SNGs the game has changed or you've changed as a player enough that it's tough to compare over that whole stretch.

Gravy a couple questions:

Do you feel like you've adjusted any since you started?

ya, ive got alot of notes on the regs i didnt have before. Starting to get a good feel for their tendencies, esp. now that im playing a lil less tables.

Do you feel like you play differently at different times (weekend, weekday, weeknight), or do you pretty much make the same assumptions vs. unknowns early, etc.

meh havnt noticed enough of a difference to change my read against unkwowns depending on the tme.

Also please save all your results stats from this. I'd love to see weekend vs. weekday, day vs. night, etc. And especially worse 1k stretch, best 1k stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]

prob is i just bought a new comp. so i dont have tourney manager. Sharkscope has most of this stuff tho if your subscribed.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of anyone's god, save your HH's.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:46 PM

Nevermind.

Real-time ICM calculators and NASH Equilibrium programs seem too close to a bot to me. Does PokerStars allow such programs?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:08 PM

Yes they do.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:23 PM

im curious about the post a guy put up a on page 26 or 28. he said that u can make 3k or 4k playing 40 hours a week for a month.
how would this be possible? how many games are u playing a day? making 4k a month playing these i just dont know if thats possible only playing 40 hours a week. explain?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im curious about the post a guy put up a on page 26 or 28. he said that u can make 3k or 4k playing 40 hours a week for a month.
how would this be possible? how many games are u playing a day? making 4k a month playing these i just dont know if thats possible only playing 40 hours a week. explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the 60s? Itd be pretty easy to do that at the 60s. Hell I think Venetian plays 25 hrs a week at the 16s and gets close to that per month.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome night, great job. Now that you're ahead in the bet, keep applying the pressure, keep up the intensity. You can do this!

[/ QUOTE ]
How often are you and wickss playing poker these days, mj?

How about a Wicks "2.5k at $6's in 1 month challenge"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Even 3k at the 6.5s w/out rakeback or VPP = very manageable. 16 table (non-continuous) for 40 hours per week will get you there. 21 or 22 table and you'll be at 4k. What space is doing (or shooting for) at the 60s will be the best grinding i've ever seen. If you wanted a wickks challenge, somewhat in the neighborhood of what space is doing, you'd have to shoot for like > 5k at the 6.5s, which is doable if you grind 20 at a time for 55 hours. This is actually far easier, and you could do this while watching TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

so u 16 table these for 40 hours a week? whats your roi to make 4k a month? im not sure if this is possible but maybe it is. how many sngs are u playing a day?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's fairly simple, really. You just master the art of consistently getting your money in the worst hand and sucking out.

For us mere mortals, it's considerably more difficult.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome night, great job. Now that you're ahead in the bet, keep applying the pressure, keep up the intensity. You can do this!

[/ QUOTE ]
How often are you and wickss playing poker these days, mj?

How about a Wicks "2.5k at $6's in 1 month challenge"?

[/ QUOTE ]
Even 3k at the 6.5s w/out rakeback or VPP = very manageable. 16 table (non-continuous) for 40 hours per week will get you there. 21 or 22 table and you'll be at 4k. What space is doing (or shooting for) at the 60s will be the best grinding i've ever seen. If you wanted a wickks challenge, somewhat in the neighborhood of what space is doing, you'd have to shoot for like > 5k at the 6.5s, which is doable if you grind 20 at a time for 55 hours. This is actually far easier, and you could do this while watching TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

so u 16 table these for 40 hours a week? whats your roi to make 4k a month? im not sure if this is possible but maybe it is. how many sngs are u playing a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play 20+ tables, 16%+ roi or so. I've only played about 50 total stts this month where I wasn't playing 20+, and thats cause I had some huge bugs in stars that made me time out, finish otm in 12 at a time, multiple times, because my screen couldn't refresh. Fortunately I ran well before that. BTW, I think gravy did this routinely at the 16s, I'll probably be giving this a shot next month. I've got a spreadsheet that I wrote that calculates all this stuff, and also converts vpps, etc, and lets you look at the effect of rake at stars vs. FTP, and gives you your real and adjusted with vpps or rakeback hourly. I'll pretty it up and try to finish it and post it this weekend. It also made me realize that I need to switch to cash, which is why I've only played 1000 or so stts this month.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:08 AM

guthrie, its people like you who make these games so profitable, thanks.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:17 AM

Its hard to imagine the most boring form of poker being intertaining but this is shaping up to be pretty awesome. GL space.