Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: KENNY TRAN IS GOD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He made one amazing call and one horrific call, leading me to believe he just calls everything. And he acted like a class A prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he didn't get that deep being a calling station. As usual, television editing fools another idiot into believing all decisions are so easy. Give someone the hole card information and edit out all the events leading up to the hand and everyone thinks they are a poker genius. Gotta love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely suck at poker and Kenny Tran is way better than I will ever be, but that call with 3rd (4th?) pair for all his chips was freaking stupid and I have no idea why he would do that, other than hubris.

And he was definitely a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it was top pair with Q kicker but I hated the call as well. I thought he was arrogant but he was pretty funny.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely, I'd love to see him on HSP as well. His few appearances on Cash Poker were pretty good, I'd like to see what he's capable of at higher stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How high does Kenny usually play? I know he plays "high stakes" but I don't think he plays as high as 300/600 uncapped, does he? I'll admit I don't really have much of an idea, but I thought he was a grinder.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM

So calling everything makes you a good player these days?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So calling everything makes you a good player these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think making a read and trusting your reading abilities isn't something to be scoffed at. He was wrong with putting the guy on 77's, infact, I don't know how he didn't put him on the flush draw there, but I get the feeling he is usually right, and appreciate that he goes with his read.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:20 PM

I love Kenny Tran, if only for when Havad Khan said, "I'm trying to figure out what you had," and Kenny tilts his head back and starts fake-laughing right in Khan's face, as if to say, "You [censored] clown." This could stem from my intense hatred of Havad Khan.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Kenny Tran, if only for when Havad Khan said, "I'm trying to figure out what you had," and Kenny tilts his head back and starts fake-laughing right in Khan's face, as if to say, "You [censored] clown." This could stem from my intense hatred of Havad Khan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tran = God?

Khan = Devil?
Old 10-05-2007, 04:59 PM

Kenny Tran is a good poker player but also an arrogant prick and douche.

The way he acted during Yang - Alaie had was disgusting.

And the "i am genius" shouts doesn't help as well...
Old 10-05-2007, 05:06 PM

need to see Kenny Tran heads-up with Scottie Nguyen.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. Yeah, that was awesome, I laughed. He said something after he laughed, but I took it more as a "like you could ever figure out what I have."
Old 10-05-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How high does Kenny usually play? I know he plays "high stakes" but I don't think he plays as high as 300/600 uncapped, does he? I'll admit I don't really have much of an idea, but I thought he was a grinder.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what his usual stakes are, but the Cash Poker episode I saw was a 75/150 game with a $300 straddle. Unfortunately I have no idea what's going on with that show as far as new episodes...