Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Lindgren - THANK U for humiliating phil gordon

You know what I saw? I saw a very insecure Lindgren lashing out...I also saw a spoiled little frat boy chatting up Ivey riding his jock so hard trying to look like the "in" guy.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gordon is a total pussy for taking that and smiling.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is he supposed to do? get super pissed and challenge edogg to a 10k fight yo on national tv?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd whip out my Johnson and bang both Tilly and Harman senseless, then crush both Ivey and Antonius HU 4 Rollz. Or vice versa. At that point, I would bitchsmack the smirk off Lindgren's stupid face, throw Shana on the back of my Harley and ride off into the night.

But that's just how I roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
Old 03-14-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if u missed it on poker after dark -
lindgren makes a good bluff on the river and antonius makes a sick call.
phil gordon asks antonius 'what did u think he had?'
antonius says 'flush draw' [he was right, big shocker]
gordon then retardedly says 'me too' as if he had any clue what lindgren had.
so lindgren then calls phil an idiot and tells him nobody cares what he thinks, and that shuts phil's stupid annoying self-absorbed mouth right up.

nothing better than seeing phil gordon get humiliated on NBC. b i t c h finally gets some of what's coming to him.
THANKS ERICK

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I think it's hilarious how Gordon trying to put the players on tilt, tilts half the posters here. Some of you sound ridiculous.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
listening to tilly talk lets you know she is a donk.
i have the impression she is only into poker for the spotlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you see her in person before tournaments start, she is always looking around hoping people will come up and talk to her.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:13 PM

"You know what I saw? I saw a very insecure Lindgren lashing out...I also saw a spoiled little frat boy chatting up Ivey riding his jock so hard trying to look like the "in" guy. "

I think this is extremely accurate.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:27 PM

It's funny, the segment a couple weeks back, I thought PG was being a little unpleasant to Howard Lederer, but that maybe it was an inside joke thing as I think he works with Lederer/Duke at their poker camp.

But last night I thought EL was just came off looking like a complete ass, an a es es. PG wasn't even dumpig on EL he was just talking with PA about the read.

Most accounts of EL are that he is really a good guy, its too bad that it just looked awful PAD. Now I am not in a position to judge either of these guys personally, but if one just saw that show, one has to see that EL just looked unhinged for little reason. Now there is apparently some prior and certainly subsequent history between the two as subsequent to the taping of this episode DN also comes off looking like an ass in his own blog to the point where most of his own fans and readers tell him to take a pill.

PG's initial attempt at complimentary humor ("failed to surround himself with dummies at this poker table") was a bit awkward, but so what? He was just trying to be friendly.

Is there some history to the trashing he gets here. IS this the cool Sklansky suck-up thing to do or something? Or is it more "I am 12 and I like to see other 12 year olds act like it". I just don't get it.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
listening to tilly talk lets you know she is a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jennifer Tilly (after staring blankly for a few seconds): “how much money do we have - $200,000...$100,000?”

Tilly's metagame is brilliant.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL TILLY JUST CHECKED BEHIND THE SECOND NUTS LOL OMG OMG OMG (Tuesday segment 2 or 3, i forget which)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure she did not have 2nd nuts - but still awful by her. Ivey's face was awesome after that hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

yah it was late, wasn't the 2nd nuts at all.

still hilarious [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In general I'm not really one that hates Gordon like so many ppl here.. but that situation was painful to watch...

it seemed like a few close buddies went to play a game of poker, and Gordon was just some guy who tagged along but thought he was really everyone's best friend, meanwhile everyone else at the table is just thinkin "who invited this guy??"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank You! That is exactly how I felt about it when I first saw it live, but couldn't put it into words.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i suggest everyone watch the second segment of tuesday's episode when tilly checks her set/fh on turn and river. the expressions on the faces of ivey, harman, and lindgren are priceless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like how ivey looks like he's about to bust out into laughter at the end of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was trying VERY hard to not laugh. I cannot believe that she checked behind on the turn and especially the river... way to make the minimum and giving AP infinite odds to hit his gutshot on the turn.