Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 04:44 PM

Default High School Pimpin\' (or the lack thereof)

First some details. I am 17 and a senior in high school. I have average looks and think that I have an above average personality (people say I am very funny). The girl in question, I will call her Katie, is a transfer student who just moved to my town from Chicago. She is very pretty. When I first noticed her in my fourth period English class, I asked around and my sources informed me that she is indeed available, but that she is very religious (I am an atheist). The first several weeks of school I worked on a fool proof plan to woo her, but I have since reached a road block and would like some input from BBV4L on how to proceed. First, the plan:

Step 1: Sit next to her in class.

This sounds easy enough, but I have Calculus fourth period and it always runs late, not to mention it is clear across campus from the English building. In order to make sure I got that seat, I decided to sit closest to the door in Calc and as soon as we are let out, I sprint all the way to English so that I am the first one in. So far this has been a success.

Step 2: Start a conversation with her.

To date I have talked with her twice. The first time was when we were handing around an assignment and she accidentally dropped the pile as she was trying to take one off the top. Before she could bend down to pick them up I swooped in and grabbed them. Then, handing them to her, I said in a very sarcastic voice, “you know, you should really be more careful, these assignments are extremely important for our final grade.” She smiled and let out a small laugh, but the teacher was talking so I didn’t have time to say anything else.

Okay fast forward two weeks. We are all getting settled before class and as she is digging through her backpack I ask her in a very matter of fact tone, “can I borrow a pen? I promise not to eat it like I did with mine.” She sort of chuckles, which I take as a good sign, so I continue by saying “yeah, my parents forgot to pack me lunch. Tomorrow I’ll have to see if you can lend me an eraser.” Well she doesn’t laugh this time, but she smiles and says to me “don’t worry, you can keep it as long as you don’t eat it.” Now here is where it gets interesting. As she is handing me the pen, her hand briefly touches mine and even though this is a small thing, surely she could have avoided touching me altogether if she had wanted to?

Step 3: Become her Facebook friend.

Okay so one week ago I got Facebook. I didn’t want it to look creepy, so I quickly added some other people from school and even made up two or three other accounts to make it look like I had more friends. So finally the other day she accepts my request, which I am happy about, but the next day in class she doesn’t mention it all to me like “Hey, thanks for adding me” or whatever. I am a little bit sad, but I decide to post on her wall. Here is what I put: Hey, do you have any stationery that needs eating? I prefer non-toxic [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Now that is funny plus it’s a continuation of a previous joke, so it’s like our own little inside joke. Well she hasn’t replied yet or said anything to me in class about it. It’s been two days.

Well that’s it, 3 steps and I’m stuck. Where do you guys think I should go from here? I was thinking maybe ask her to go to a party with me, but I don’t really know where to find any. I am not that popular and people think I am sort of a loser because freshman year I hung out with drama kids all the time even though I have since stopped talking to any of them. One other problem is that I tend to be very shy around people I don't know, so it is hard for me to interact with them when I do not know their sense of humor or anything. I was thinking maybe write down some jokes before class and memorize them so I have something to say to her at the beginning of class. Thoughts?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: High School Pimpin\'

iPot, is that you? [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can I borrow a pen? I promise not to eat it like I did with mine.”

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you won't get her.

, obviously a gimmick imo
Old 11-08-2007, 04:48 PM

tldr imo
Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 PM

if she ignored you for two days game over sonnnnnn
Old 11-08-2007, 04:52 PM

I think you should try and rape her. if kobe did it, why can't you?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:53 PM

After further inspection, this is not iPot (he had game obv).

Anyways...I'll go for the serious answer. Act natural.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should try and rape her. if kobe did it, why can't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

[x]rich
[x]black
[x]famous
[x]skillz

never mention facebook in the real world anyway imo it's just weird

sounds like she is either shy like you...or just not interested. If she seems outgoing/posting on other peoples wall after they make similar comments, you should move on.
However, if she is just shy, and you have noticed this, you need take the outgoing route, even though it is out of your personality, and ask her to go bowling with you, anything that involved conversation really...
good luck