Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Stox or Cardrunners for Micro NL?

I have been thinking about getting a membership for a while now and i am definately going to this week. I am a $25NL player and looking to improve to move up. Which site has more micro NL material?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Stox or Cardrunners for Micro NL?

If going purely by the # of videos, Stoxpoker has 156 videos now and we are posting at least 5 new videos a week.

Cardrunners has over 400 videos currently.

Both sites have micro NL videos and both sites are excellent training sites that you can't go wrong with.

Stoxpoker is currently running a promotion where you can receive up to 6 free poker books and the registration fee is about $70 less than CardRunners and monthly dues are $5 less.

Effective Nov 1st, our registration fee in increasing to $69 but it is still less than the $99 for CardRunners. Our monthly dues of $20 are not increasing.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:09 PM

Either site is excellent. They each have limited microNL material, but they each teach solid fundamentals in their videos, and that's all you need at micros. You can go to their sites and see lists of what videos they have.

You can also view a few minutes of each video at Stox. Cardrunners posted some short videos at http://www.cardplayer.com/tv. If you select the Strategy channel from the left menu at http://www.cardplayer.com/tv and scroll through the videos, you will find some.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:11 PM

in my unbiased opinion I would have to say Stoxpoker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But in all seriousness I do think Stoxpoker is the place to come if you are playing micro stakes. The reason I say that is because I actually make videos that teach a style specifically geared for beating Micro Stakes NL. It is a tight basic sort of style that works for these games and is relatively easy to learn. I think it is a good starting point for those that want to progress up the limits. At the moment I don't have a ton of these particular videos, but about every 4th video or so that I make I am gearing it towards the micro limit player. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 PM

I know of a site for beginners, basically because they asked me to be an instructor/coach but I just don't have the time. It's www.grinderschool.com. They are geared much more towards micro-NL and small-stakes sng's and mtt's for players with smaller bankrolls. It looks like it's about to be up and running soon.

I'm a member at stox/CR and for someone who plays 200nl+ the fees don't hurt a bit, but for a 10nl players on a $150 roll I would think $70 would pretty much be a longshot.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know of a site for beginners, basically because they asked me to be an instructor/coach but I just don't have the time. It's www.grinderschool.com. They are geared much more towards micro-NL and small-stakes sng's and mtt's for players with smaller bankrolls. It looks like it's about to be up and running soon.

I'm a member at stox/CR and for someone who plays 200nl+ the fees don't hurt a bit, but for a 10nl players on a $150 roll I would think $70 would pretty much be a longshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would think they'd <grinderschool.com> wait to launch a site until after they had some content. half done sites, supposedly on 'how to succeed' at (fill in the blank) are a real pisser. one day i'd like to have a poker coach for a few months, but i doubt i'll be back there unless they show some high quality stuff.

EN
Old 10-18-2007, 06:23 AM

No offense LG, but nothing about that grinderschool website looks very credible. Not only is there no content as E9 mentioned, the website looks cheap and I have no idea who those instructors are. Closed forums and no videos?

They wrote their 1st article in late August so they've been there a little while. They have 18 members and are still "under construction." They will let you sign up and pay if you want, that's nice of them.

This looks like a few unqualified guys trying to make an easy buck. Can you tell us anything about those instructors that contacted you?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 AM

Edit: I misunderstood your question. You're just asking which site has more material for micro NL, and that I don't know. But I do think you're asking the wrong question.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:47 PM

I play 25 and 50NL and am a CR member. My honest opinion is that CR is "nuetral EV" for a micro player, you won't be thrilled but you won't feel as though you got ripped off either. The fact that they have a lot of videos in the library makes the first few months great, but once you have watched the old material the new content for micro's does not justify the monthly fee and you would have to drop to taking one month in three to get value for money- the attitude regarding posts in the forum about giving micro's a better deal indicates that nothing will change soon. The quality of the video's that are there is excellent however.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:13 PM

Am I to understand that it is ok to bash the site but not have a post defending the site? Why was my post deleted? Is it common practice on the "stoxs forum to delete posts with no mention of why?