Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What % of people are more polltarded than OP?
0-1% 18 62.07%
1-2% 4 13.79%
2-4% 3 10.34%
4-7% 1 3.45%
7-9% 3 10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Beat: Am a freak and a very weird dude.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...but I certainly don't think less of him because of his weight

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to single you out at all, just using this quote as an example.

Why the hell must people single someone out for their physical attributes. I don't understand it. If it's something good then that's one thing but I don't understand why if you find something undesirable then why you have to immediately start bringing tons of attention to it and then hate on the person who exhibits the quality.

It's happened my whole life in every facet, and not just because I've been overweight most of my life. Why can't people just stfu about physical qualities and make fun of each other for being annoying douchebags instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a long video but it talks about how appearance reveals personality
Old 11-09-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell must people single someone out for their physical attributes. I don't understand it. If it's something good then that's one thing but I don't understand why if you find something undesirable then why you have to immediately start bringing tons of attention to it and then hate on the person who exhibits the quality.

It's happened my whole life in every facet, and not just because I've been overweight most of my life. Why can't people just stfu about physical qualities and make fun of each other for being annoying douchebags instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never laughed at somoenes MSpaint of an ugly chick, or unpolitely referred to a chick as less than unatrractive? You can't have it both ways, either you don't do it all and practice what you preach, or suck it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure as hell have not done it to their face, and I've had a hell of a lot more said to me.

Whatever, shouldn't have even brought it up.

Also lol @ the way this thread has gone.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

mostly because we have to look at people when we are around them. But I think most non-douchebag people don't make fun of physically different people in general IRL. Just alot of people are idiots here.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I try my best not to judge people based on most physical attributes that they cannot help or are at least largely due to chance (or a choice that was not theirs)...I like to judge people based on how they treat other people

*as an aside, I also try not to judge people based on things like intelligence...at least to the extent that I think it is a product of environment...I find it surprising that many people would call a person shallow for, for instance, dating a person because they are physically attractive, but not call them shallow for dating a person because they are intelligent...there is more to it IMO

but if you accept that if is reasonable to judge people based on other attributes such as willpower, vanity, or intelligence, physical attributes can be indicative of these things...

some people consider being overweight to indicate a lack of willpower...and if they look down on people who lack the willpower to maintain a certain weight, they may look down on someone because of (at least indirectly) their weight
Old 11-09-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

should we stop mocking retards at the sametime? How about gays and gypsies? I mean come on, jokes can hit home and hurt, yes, but thats risk we run when we try to bring the funny. Youre obviously going to be bias about people always making fun of physical attributes, but I honestly dont think its true that it is the predominent insult used. I think a lot of the stuff in this thread is really funny imo, and I would think you would agree. Some of it is over the line though, and again Id think you would agree. But how do you know where the line is if you dont push it and cross it sometimes?

anyways, on a serious note: Are fat people like clowns? On the outside they seem joyful and jolly, but deep inside they are really depressed and lonely? How about a fat clown? Is it like multiplying negatives where it becomes a positive, or is it more like addition? My guess would be addition imo. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Couldn't of said it better myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, you're dumber than I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stopping our little debate about whether or not making fun of Gobbo's weight is the same things as making fun of someone for how they dress is about as close as I'll come to hearing you admit you're wrong....I'll take it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough

[ QUOTE ]
Boy, you're dumber than I thought.

Gobbo is massive right now. Being that massive isn't a "physical defect"...it's being lazy and eating horrible foods. There is no doubt he could lose a hudge % of his body weight with some effort. He CHOOSES not to make that effort.

He even has money to make this process as easy as possible. (Could hire a personal trainer and a chef for a few months, etc.)

Yet he chooses to stay uber fat.

Just as lilholdem chooses to dress the way he does.

So plz just stfu, and stop giving advice to others about character issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense meant to gobboboy at all, but the only thing he can do at this point that would realistically get him to lose the amount of weight needed to be acceptable by you trolls is for him to get surgery. it took me 6 months to lose as much weight as i had to not be statstically overweight, and it got disillusioning at times in between, and this is with me working out an hour a day more often than not twice a day. it is not as easy as you suggest.

fact is, gobboboy could lose 60 pounds and you guys would still call him a fatass or be trolling him. i give few of you credit enough to think you'd overlook his weight in favor of his progress.

the difference with lilholdem is it is far easier for lilholdem to stop looking a cross-breed between vanilla ice and a retarded gopher than it is for any individual to lose that much weight.

your comparison is idiotic
Old 11-09-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fatties are annoying douchebags, in a way. Their body is a monument to their gluttony and self loathing, and normal people are forced to look at it and contemplate the failure of the human spirit.

That said, Gus Hansen is way more offensive to look at than you are, but he can't help it. He was born that way. You can help it, which is what offends people I think.

Apart from that, nothing but love for you man. Just watched the Aussie millions and you were very entertaining/likeable. I don't know WTF Lederer is talking about.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:49 AM

wow this thread had such good potential for being awesome and congrats, [censored], you've [censored] all over it instead. not that there isn't some good stuff in here, or that nation's posts aren't great, but the rest of this [censored] distracts from it too much. also, mods are not to insult, namecall, etc.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never laughed at somoenes MSpaint of an ugly chick, or unpolitely referred to a chick as less than unatrractive? You can't have it both ways, either you don't do it all and practice what you preach, or suck it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure as hell have not done it to their face, and I've had a hell of a lot more said to me.

Whatever, shouldn't have even brought it up.

Also lol @ the way this thread has gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gobbo, you get upset when people criticize your weight, which you could probably do something about if you chose to, but then you called a whole bunch of people retarded, which is not only an insult to those people, but mentally handicapped people in general- who cannot change the way they are.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:50 AM

So now we have to decide who to make fun of based on how easy it is for them to fix what it is we're making fun of?

My comparison would be idiotic if we were talking about someone with aids instead of an obese person. But we're not.