Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Stars Conclusion

[ QUOTE ]
Correct, as far as I am aware he/they were given the right to respond to the charge and more than likely had no choice. I was going to respond seriously to the previous post, but in all honesty it's so dumb it's not worth the effort. Also I have a feeling we'll get some more details in due course, Stars know they need to be reasonably transparent on this issue, as they have been in this thread so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a forum of discussion coming out in a fearmode act like saying this post is honestly so dumb just shows your failure as achieving your life as being a loving human being, feel good about someone losing 1.2 million unfairly. like iMsoLucky0 said, if she would had finished 11th it wouldn't had been a problem, my post was made upon serious and previous posting in this forum, and I would like it to be justified in the right way, not in a way from a person who would HATE to see ANYONE win 1.2m, because of his animalistic nature he is a jealous person. As a poker player, and im sure u are, i would like you to try to conclude any kind of hypotethical reason why pokerstars diqualified The V0id, please come up with a couple.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Correct, as far as I am aware he/they were given the right to respond to the charge and more than likely had no choice. I was going to respond seriously to the previous post, but in all honesty it's so dumb it's not worth the effort. Also I have a feeling we'll get some more details in due course, Stars know they need to be reasonably transparent on this issue, as they have been in this thread so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a forum of discussion coming out in a fearmode act like saying this post is honestly so dumb just shows your failure as achieving your life as being a loving human being, feel good about someone losing 1.2 million unfairly. like iMsoLucky0 said, if she would had finished 11th it wouldn't had been a problem, my post was made upon serious and previous posting in this forum, and I would like it to be justified in the right way, not in a way from a person who would HATE to see ANYONE win 1.2m, because of his animalistic nature he is a jealous person. As a poker player, and im sure u are, i would like you to try to conclude any kind of hypotethical reason why pokerstars diqualified The V0id, please come up with a couple.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because it wasn't her playing the account genius and I'm more than happy for ka$ino to now be winning the money.
You argue that they are innocent but then say if they were 11th they wouldn't be caught, please try posting something logical in future. Yes more than likely some other cheats went under the radar but this one got caught winning the event which is a very good thing for all concerned.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:33 PM

Oh and Imsolucky was making the point that they do catch cheaters further down the list, you really are off base on this one.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 PM

completely agree with shooz... saraya, what makes you think that Stars would take measures like this so frivolously? They stand absolutely nothing to gain, they are obviously not keeping the money. I believe that they acted in the manner that they did because they had more than enough reason to do so... Do you really think a site like theirs would risk their reputation over a minor offense???
Old 10-15-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because it wasn't her playing the account genius and I'm more than happy for ka$ino to now be winning the money.
You argue that they are innocent but then say if they were 11th they wouldn't be caught, please try posting something logical in future. Yes more than likely some other cheats went under the radar but this one got caught winning the event which is a very good thing for all concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all how do you know she wasn't playing ? come up with some evidence before you state something, even pokerstars can't state this ? I was just saying come up with a hypotethical reason for it PLEASE. Second of all going out with theese statements 'genius' so 'dumb' and so on, there's just one sollution A IQ TEST COMBAT, lol.
I will be back later im going on dinner now.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:43 PM

Okay here's a "logical" explanation.

What if the account that won the event was the only account played from an IP address to which another account is often associated - but said second account was playing in the event from a different IP.

Here's another.
What if a relation to the person in whose name theVoid is registered is known to swap his registered account- thereby violating the rules of Pokerstars.

When I say "known" I mean from Stars piecing together IP/play info etc.

In general- here is my view.
Anyone who breaks the terms of service in one instance should receive far less leeway in another.
The safeguard of "but all the accounts actually have real name owners" applies less to someone where other evidence fails supports a conclusion that there was no malicious intent.

Shane and Jordan pretty much hit it on the head. Stars needs to do more than just catch the winning account when it happens.
But that doesn't mean catching only the winning account is a bad thing or in some way unjust.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 PM

My read saraya either has an agenda here or is totally clueless (grammar would suggest the latter), because no one in their right mind at this stage could be posting ''she'' over and over as if there's no doubt Mark's sister played the account and won the tournament.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 PM

I agree. It is in stars' best interest to let theV0id keep the money and say there is no cheating going on right after the event was over. This way Stars could avoid a really embarrassing situation. But they chose to do the right thing. and they spent a large amount of resource on it with nothing to gain for them. so i have to applaud stars for this.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
completely agree with shooz... saraya, what makes you think that Stars would take measures like this so frivolously? They stand absolutely nothing to gain, they are obviously not keeping the money. I believe that they acted in the manner that they did because they had more than enough reason to do so... Do you really think a site like theirs would risk their reputation over a minor offense???

[/ QUOTE ]

If they would let the money go to The V0id, there would be a huge dispute over that it actually is ok to not follow the rules, since everybody seem to think she did something wrong, ofcourse they're not going to let the money go, they want to show an example right here right now, that you HAVE to follow the rules of pokerstars, this is perfect for them, human animals getting happy because she just lost 1.2m PLUS that they're showing EVERYBODY that you must obey the rules, altough they still dont have any evidence. Letting the money go would be worse than keeping it, also this makes people happy as it is increasing prize money, since the winner didn't mean anything for the commercial side of pokerstars, they found no use in it also. They are just doing what they think is the best for the company.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:48 PM

bb by midnight las vegas time or so
Closed Thread