Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
cliff notes anyone? has anything more happened with this incident since like page 20 give or take

[/ QUOTE ]

everybody is still waiting for stars' official statement. there is rumor that the winner will not get paid.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cliff notes anyone? has anything more happened with this incident since like page 20 give or take

[/ QUOTE ]

everybody is still waiting for stars' official statement. there is rumor that the winner will not get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars is still advertising in their lobby and blogs that v0id won the wcoopme. Didn't I hear that play2kill account was playing cash games yesterday?

gg
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chill Stuey. It is a gossip forum. Whether this, or any other source is legitimate is of less concern than the attitude you bring which limits what any legitimate poster might disclose.

2+2 can often take a condecending tone, and most people 'in-the-know' would rather not be bothered with such a vitriolic attitude. I guess when you have a sport where everyone naturally assumes they are the best player this is logical behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no beef with you Rio. You have always delivered good stuff and have been a plus to this forum.

I NEVER questioned whether the info that guy was putting out was valid. He just felt it necessary to use one of his first three posts to rip into another poster and I felt like using one of my 1400 posts to comment on his need to focus on his cred and not going after another poster because they questioned his bona fides.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see, from Pokerstars' perspective, how they can do anything about it. It is my understanding that 2 accts were entered from his IP address, one his, and one his sister's. I don't see how they can prove that his sister didn't play, and he helped her after he busted out. There is no "one player to a hand" rule, so what grounds do they have?

[/ QUOTE ]
from their terms of service:

[ QUOTE ]
5.2. PERSONAL USE.
The Service is intended solely for the User's personal use. The User is only allowed to wager for his/her personal entertainment. Under no circumstances shall a User be permitted to use his/her "real money account" with PokerStars for any purpose other than for using the Service. The User must provide full and truthful information in respect of all details and information provided by the User to PokerStars and the User is obligated to update such details in the event of any change thereto. <font color="red">A User may only have one account with PokerStars and shall only use the Service using such single account. Furthermore a User shall not permit another person to use the Service via his account.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chill Stuey. It is a gossip forum. Whether this, or any other source is legitimate is of less concern than the attitude you bring which limits what any legitimate poster might disclose.

2+2 can often take a condecending tone, and most people 'in-the-know' would rather not be bothered with such a vitriolic attitude. I guess when you have a sport where everyone naturally assumes they are the best player this is logical behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no beef with you Rio. You have always delivered good stuff and have been a plus to this forum.

I NEVER questioned whether the info that guy was putting out was valid. He just felt it necessary to use one of his first three posts to rip into another poster and I felt like using one of my 1400 posts to comment on his need to focus on his cred and not going after another poster because they questioned his bona fides.

[/ QUOTE ]

i only have about 350 posts? am i allowd to respond with my opinion and insults yet or do i need more? having more, or less, posts doesnt make your rip more justified son.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok. Post count not an indicator of credibility, nor a reason to attack other posters though.

I'm a bit curious about this whole situation, I am getting no new information about the whole subject. Someone mentioned play2kill was playing stars. What stakes?

I do have the sinking feeling now if his sister were 'cleared', that they would instruct Stars not to post anything further about the matter.

I have yet to chat with anyone who is in baden, I seem to think there will be some gossip to escape from that event.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:12 PM

RioGossiper:
[ QUOTE ]
Someone mentioned play2kill was playing stars. What stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]
chrisg820:
[ QUOTE ]
you should really give us more info then just saying that ud heard from "sources" because as the other poster said play2kill is playing 25/50nl now and if indeed there was multiaccounting with this account then u would think that stars would have banned this account. Either that or Stars is just trying to act like it didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw him playing also.

gg
Old 10-10-2007, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Josh

Just an FYI - Josh Arieh confirms his 6th place finish in this interview:

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/1...josh-arieh.htm
Old 10-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: RE: Josh

[ QUOTE ]
Just an FYI - Josh Arieh confirms his 6th place finish in this interview:

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2007/1...josh-arieh.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a couple of quotes from Poker News article:

[ QUOTE ]
PN:
'...the Bodog-sponsored Arieh prefers to spend time with family and online, but still surprises people in big events – sometimes in disguise .'

JA:
'...messageboards saying we were cheating... I am nitbuster. I finished sixth –...I was playing as 'ATL Angela,'...So then they let me change my name and I changed my name to Razorbax.I don't know how I got my name changed again, but I did...'

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Lee Jones advocating frequent name changes?

Doesn't Stars restrict datamining and player databases?

I guess that we can rely on Stars to protect our interests. It looks like the means to protect ourselves is being hampered.

gg
Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: RE: Josh

There's a ton of money at stake here, $673K, for ka$ino. He should demand an explanation from Stars, and if not satisfied, should sue Stars for the 1st place money. I think it's amazing that so much time has gone by without an official decision by Stars.
Closed Thread