Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
plzbenice plzbenice is offline

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

i see know thanks you not thank you.

but lol ok so he was the guy using multiple accounts?

he took the name of two wellknown young players and sued them?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM
ruinu4good ruinu4good is offline
Member

Has anyone sent Stars an email asking them about this? I doubt they will say anything but it would be funny to see what they have to say.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
pdjplano pdjplano is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone sent Stars an email asking them about this? I doubt they will say anything but it would be funny to see what they have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your email.

Rest assured that accounts that are "in the loop" such as the WCOOP Main Event winner are very carefully reviewed and investigated.

Also, please note that Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP being that his first major event ever... just an FYI.

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Julio
PokerStars Support Team
Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 PM
black666 black666 is offline

Location: Vienna, Austria

[ QUOTE ]
I've emailed them before about this because me and my dad live in the same household and use the same Internet. They said it's fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I've emailed them about the same thing (a friend came over with his PC and we planned an online poker session together). Pokerstars responded that we can play from the same IP address as long as we don't enter the same MTT, cash table or SNG.

Just ask yourself what would happen if you and your dad wind up at the same table (maybe FT) deep in a MTT. Who can stop you from telling each other's cards .. or worse, dumping off some chips to give yourself a higher chance at a bigger payout?

Multiple accounts in one MTT is wrong. Period.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Shooz Shooz is offline
Member

Has anyone sent Stars an email asking them about this? I doubt they will say anything but it would be funny to see what they have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your email.

Rest assured that accounts that are "in the loop" such as the WCOOP Main Event winner are very carefully reviewed and investigated.

Also, please note that Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP being that his first major event ever... just an FYI.

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Julio
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]
what a dispicable response, i'd prefer no response at all than that patronising BS
Old 10-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Jackal69 Jackal69 is offline

Location: gg shortstackers!

if possible could all the dumb arguments about the ethics of multiaccounting and previous cases be kept to the thread in MTT community?

thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 12:41 PM
inyourface inyourface is offline

Has anyone sent Stars an email asking them about this? I doubt they will say anything but it would be funny to see what they have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your email.

Rest assured that accounts that are "in the loop" such as the WCOOP Main Event winner are very carefully reviewed and investigated.

Also, please note that Chris Moneymaker won the WSOP being that his first major event ever... just an FYI.

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Regards,

Julio
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]
what a dispicable response, i'd prefer no response at all than that patronising BS

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling you just got levelled
Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
ibluffoldladies ibluffoldladies is offline

Location: 3-betting your grandmother

It would be so easy to impliment a security feature that doesn't allow the same ip address to enter a MTT. Why isn't it there?

Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 20:41:49 -0400
From: "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.com>

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, wow that is a terrible reply and I take it back [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Closed Thread