Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take your real name, adress and telephone number out of that site. If someone really wanted to know that he could still do a whois on the domain name, but this way you will get all kind of strange e-mails and calls from people you don't know. I suggest that you use another e-mail adress that doesn't contain your real name for your own security.

Ok, it looks like you are from Australia, then this is less important.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh.

My name (and email address and phone number) have already been published in enough places that this is unlikely to be much of an issue. Various Australian Government websites list it as part of various activities I've been involved with in the past.

Apart from anything else, I think it is important for the credibility of anyone criticising Absolute Poker that the critic is not merely some random anonymous person.

I also like the irony that an individual critic of a company is more open about who he is than the privately owned offshore gaming company.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should just tell us your real name since your posts obviously carry an agenda.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Publicising Absolute Poker\'s Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
Team,
re: Publicising Absolute Poker's Cheating:
4) I have just registered the domain "absolutepokercheats.com"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea imo. Threaten AP to open up on the subject or 100's of poker players help get that site to no.1 in google for "Absolute Poker".

...Which I think is actually pretty do-able if enough people care and want to help, as has been said if most bloggers and poker sites/forums link to this page from their first page (or at least a high pageranked page) then this site could hpoefully beat APs in the search results.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should just tell us your real name since your posts obviously carry an agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-21-2007, 10:57 PM

oh, lol. You're one of those people.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[23:09] Adam Junglen: man
[23:09] Adam Junglen: imagine multi-accounting super users
[23:09] Adam Junglen: that'd be fun
[23:09] Adam Junglen: lol
[23:09] Adanthar: the software is clearly 1 table max
[23:09] Adam Junglen: Come on
[23:09] Adanthar: and actually come to think about it
[23:09] Adam Junglen: a little humor in there
[23:09] Adanthar: it cant be software
[23:09] Adanthar: it has to be some kind of program with a login
[23:10] Adanthar: otherwise they'd just run 2 copies and multiaccount

[23:10] Adanthar: nah you seriously gave me the idea just now heh
[23:10] Adanthar: dude
[23:10] Adanthar: you just showed conclusively its an inside job
[23:10] Adanthar: omfg
[23:11] Adam Junglen: As long as you give me the credit and make it sound as t hough it was a coherent thought
[23:11] Adam Junglen: I sure did
[23:11] Adanthar: yeah I'm gonna post it right now
[23:11] Adam Junglen: make sure to point out that I'm so brilliant I did it without realizing

Adam [censored] Junglen, everybody
Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 PM

One last word from me this night:

The situation is really dreadfully. It is not only the loss of convidence that Absolute will suffer worldwide. It is not only the possible problem with the pending US-legislation. It is also a problem in Europe and especially in Germany, where we get a new anti-gaming legislation as of 1/1/2008. The Absolute cheating case as discussed here in this forum is a big throwback with very enormous impact, far more than you can imagine. I hope these lines are read by Absolute management and I say please turn into the right direction. In such a case a voluntary special audit by independent auditors would be the right decision. This would be a goodwill advertising for Absolute and help to fight against pending anti-gaming legislation. Today at 2 pm German time we have a first demonstration in Berlin where some new "Mauerspechte" fight also for Online-Poker in Germany and try as Ronald Reagan said "Tear down this wall". Perhaps some other will follow later this year. I think with such a throwback we can forget our objective target and instead fight against the grey-market gaming industry. I know I have not much friends if I say that. But where is the alternative. Therefore let me speak the plain truth. On this basis it makes no sense to do something for Absolute in Germany. I hope you will lose the whole market.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[23:09] Adam Junglen: man
[23:09] Adam Junglen: imagine multi-accounting super users
[23:09] Adam Junglen: that'd be fun
[23:09] Adam Junglen: lol
[23:09] Adanthar: the software is clearly 1 table max
[23:09] Adam Junglen: Come on
[23:09] Adanthar: and actually come to think about it
[23:09] Adam Junglen: a little humor in there
[23:09] Adanthar: it cant be software
[23:09] Adanthar: it has to be some kind of program with a login
[23:10] Adanthar: otherwise they'd just run 2 copies and multiaccount

[23:10] Adanthar: nah you seriously gave me the idea just now heh
[23:10] Adanthar: dude
[23:10] Adanthar: you just showed conclusively its an inside job
[23:10] Adanthar: omfg
[23:11] Adam Junglen: As long as you give me the credit and make it sound as t hough it was a coherent thought
[23:11] Adam Junglen: I sure did
[23:11] Adanthar: yeah I'm gonna post it right now
[23:11] Adam Junglen: make sure to point out that I'm so brilliant I did it without realizing

Adam [censored] Junglen, everybody

[/ QUOTE ]

please elaborate on this? Why can't does this make it have to be an inside job?
Old 09-21-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I also like the irony that an individual critic of a company is more open about who he is than the privately owned offshore gaming company.

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me smile, but still I think the adress and telephone number is a little bit too much info. If someone wanted to know that he could still e-mail you.

flight2q: I won't jump into a discussion with you, because that would only serve your purpose. Also please forgive me that I falsely accused you of multi accounting, I know, I would have a hard time doing this.

also the probability I was wrong > probability of exising superusers
Considering how likely it is that I am wrong, you can now estimate the likelihood of existing superusers.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 PM

Think about this logically. None of the superuser accounts ever played multiple tables, either in tournaments or in cash games, even though the guy had access to five separate accounts - and Potripper didn't cheat on the first hand he got moved to the FT. We can be sure that this visual aid, whatever it was, is an outside program that doesn't overlay itself over the AP window.

But if it's a program, why not just run multiple copies of it, even on another PC if you have to, to allow you to multitable? A hacker with 2 computers can just buy a few more and run it on extra machines, can't he?

Answer: because it's not a program. It's a login/password that allows you access to a superuser account on the AP server that can only look at 1 table at a time, and the reason the cheater only played 1 table was because he only had the one login/PW combination. There's no way something like this allows you to log in twice with the same ID, so...either a hacker used social engineering with a critical security guy at AP, or it's an inside job. Either way, it's an internal program that was compromised.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 PM

Were any of these accounts logged in and playing hands at the same time?

The super-user idea seems ridiculous to me. Also far fetched that 5 or more of these "super" accounts exist and were set up by absolute.

I think possible options are:
1)Absolute has some method they use to deal the cards and distribute the hole cards to individual players and someone has hacked that giving them access to all the cards at a specific table.
or 2) Absolute has some security/management feature that allows them to see hole cards in real time to check for cheating. Someone at AP has either been passed this log-in in to the crooks or has hacked into this security feature somehow.
Closed Thread