Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:10 AM

Default 5/10 razz - me vs TAG, idiot, we all pair on 4th

Here's a weird hand from today, only my 3rd time ever playing Razz.

Seat 7 seems to be a TAG - always open raises, plays aggressively, has not gotten out of line.

Seat 6 is an absolute moron. His VPIP over 60 hands is somewhere around 80%. I can't find the hand history, but in an earlier hand he saw the river with trip 9s on his board against a guy with a bunch of wheel cards showing. The fact that he called with a 2 in the door means only that he was dealt a door card and two hole cards, none of which are blank.

Razz ($5/$10), Ante $1, Bring-In $1.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.70 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (5.35 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (8.35 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

River - (8.35 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds

Total pot: (10.35 BB - $103.50)
Old 08-07-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: 5/10 razz - me vs TAG, idiot, we all pair on 4th

[ QUOTE ]

Seat 6 is an absolute moron. His VPIP over 60 hands is somewhere around 80%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scary boards held by these players are not scary. You still have a boardlock on the player who started with a three-card hand, so bet sixth.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 AM

I was in that hand (Seat 8).

I'd never played with the "moron" referred to before this, but he lost $81 (8.1 BBs) in 14 hands that I was there. And it wasn't like he was playing well but catching bad, he was just playing bad. If I see him again, I'll be sure to sit down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in that hand (Seat 8).

I'd never played with the "moron" referred to before this, but he lost $81 (8.1 BBs) in 14 hands that I was there. And it wasn't like he was playing well but catching bad, he was just playing bad. If I see him again, I'll be sure to sit down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was on both of my tables and was a complete spewtard to the nth degree.

[ QUOTE ]
You still have a boardlock on the player who started with a three-card hand

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell I missed that is beyond me. Playing holdem must cause loss of brain cells.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scary boards held by these players are not scary. You still have a boardlock on the player who started with a three-card hand, so bet sixth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Question is: do you bet 7th as well?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How the hell I missed that is beyond me. Playing holdem must cause loss of brain cells.

[/ QUOTE ]
May I frame that and put it up on my wall?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
May I frame that and put it up on my wall?

[/ QUOTE ]

You certainly may - just be sure to spell my name right [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Question is: do you bet 7th as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads-up against the moron, I think that the correct play is to check and call. He had bet when checked to on 7th street on several occasions with junk low hands that couldn't possibly win if called. He probably would have called a bet with these hands anyway, but he had also bet double paired and other bust hands on a couple of occasions.

Given that the hand is still 3-way on the river, is betting still correct? If the TAG player behind the moron had raised the moron's 7th street bet, I would have had a tougher decision to make.