Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Other 2+2ers at your table.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Barron:

It's okay to talk about Two Plus Two at the table. In fact, I wear my Two Plus Two shirt all the time to the poker room and when I sit down I'm usually asked if I read or post to Two Plus Two. Sometimes they'll even ask me what my posting name is.

best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Fwiw, when I met Mason he was wearing his 2+2 shirt just before he played a session at Bellagio. One of the first thoughts I had was 'GASP! What would the guys on the forum think!?! He's not s'posed to mention...' haha

b
Old 02-27-2006, 05:42 PM

I play with a small brown trout card protector. I tell this stupid story about how I got it from a guy named Orvis who plays at the borg, but really I bought it for 95 cents on eBay. Whatever.

Probably 8 to 10 times I've had folks greet me with "that trout of yours must sleep in the closet" type statement, or simply a little "sup bro?" I know I met mostsmooth this way in the Borgata 10/20 game. Oh, and I hit Scrub with a "sup bro" once.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:53 PM

It's also good to tell them your posting name instead of your real name upon meeting them. I've had a few guys come up to me using their real names. In doing so, you could be anyone.

b
Old 02-27-2006, 06:36 PM

I was at the wynn one night when mason sat down at our table. He did have his two plus two shirt on. I asked if he was affiliated with the company and he gave a quiet reply of "I own it" "but I dont like to tell that to a lot of people." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I then began to think of the concept "can I beat the guy that cowrote the book that I built my foundation of learning from?" Then I spent some time being amused at the irony. Unfortunately we never really got in a hand together.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm occasionally curious if other players at my table are 2+2ers. Asking 'Were you all county in 95?', or 'Would you SIIHP?' just seem awkward. Is there a better way to ask without looking like a total dork (even though I am)?

Flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just say, "hey, do you read and/or post on 2+2?" That is usually the easiest way to do it.

Anytime,

NESS
Old 02-27-2006, 06:55 PM

Star trek
Old 02-27-2006, 07:00 PM

I only once met a 2+2er. Was 20/40 at Rama. We were sitting beside eachother and after something happened (i think I won a pot) he says "so what internet poker forum do you read?" and i say "2+2". What made it even cooler is that he was gamblor. Also we are both jewish, and his brother knew my brother. Talk about jew geography. There was also a guy there who heard us and told us he learked alot.

To the OPs question. There are a few times when I suspsect someone, but I am never sure how to approach it. Unless you sit down and say sup bro right away, it sounds really weird interjecting it in the middle of a conversation. I also would never say bro in a conversation.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Barron:

It's okay to talk about Two Plus Two at the table. In fact, I wear my Two Plus Two shirt all the time to the poker room and when I sit down I'm usually asked if I read or post to Two Plus Two. Sometimes they'll even ask me what my posting name is.

best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

*MM sits down on my right*

ME: oh, you read 2p2?
HIM: Yes, im mason malmuth.
ME: ill, be finding a new table now!

rj
Old 02-27-2006, 07:20 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the range of responses one is supposed to give to 'sup bro'. Seems there are too many combonations to be useful.

Personally, I'd stick to quoting 'eat poop and stab a dude' even though most have probably not read that post.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just ask-" Do you read 2+2"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm shocked 32 minutes have passed since you made this suggestion and you have yet to get flamed by the first-rule-of-2+2-is-you-don't-talk-about-2+2 police.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh,,,Barron, I've only read to your post so far but the easy answer to your question is look who the responders are and I don't mean to sound snooty