Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Miami job market...?

I recently graduated from a top university and have been biding my time in a night MBA program while I figure out what to do with my life. Finance seems to be a field with a great number of opportunities and I chose my major and internships with that in my mind. Now the question is where I should work. We all know the traditional spots are New York, Chicago, Cali, and to a lesser extent, Boston, Connecticut, and Dallas. But what about Miami?

I recently visited an fell in love with the city. I know about the crime and large ethnic populations, but I find it intriguing if anything. It's a growing world city with more skyscapers underconstruction than any other city (22). It is a major international hub of business, finance, and trade as well. My only question is can an outsider break into the job market at the entry level as easily? How do the finance/realesate/banking job opportunities compare to those of the other cities mentioned?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Miami job market...?

First and foremeost you need to be bilingual. If you cannot speak Spanish forget getting into the Latin America market.

As far as finance goes there are tons of banks with Latin America hubs here. Again as long as you speak Spanish you should be able to get a job with ease. Is it going to be high paying, most likely fair to middling to start.