Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: ATo when your three bet and you flop your ace, what do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
You cant be WA/WB on a coordinated board and the board is 2-flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not, Xy? Which part of the functional definition of WA/WB are we failing to fulfill in this hand?

<font color="white">Yeah, there's a flush draw, so if Villan holds XcXc then he has too many outs for a strict, uh, interpretation, but that's a really small portion of his range, like 3 combos. His AVERAGE outs don't give him enough to play, here, if he's behind. Show me a reasonable hand that's behind us that we don't have beaten equity-wise flop-to-river on the flop that should fold to a bet-out or a c/r.</font>
Old 11-08-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why not, Xy? Which part of the functional definition of WA/WB are we failing to fulfill in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="white"> you are softening up, yo </font>

My post stated that I agreed to take a WA/WB line. I was in fact very impressed that I couldn't fine anyone explicitly saying that OP was in a WA/WB situation.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My post stated that I agreed to take a WA/WB line. I was in fact very impressed that I couldn't fine anyone explicitly saying that OP was in a WA/WB situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone tell me what's a WA/WB line? I know WA = way ahead, WB = way behind. But what's the line to be taken in such a situation?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:01 AM

get to showdown cheaply - usually c/c c/c c/c or c/c c/c b
Old 11-08-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get to showdown cheaply - usually c/c c/c c/c or c/c c/c b

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, thanks mate!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:10 AM

WA/WA - Checkit!

focus on the posts by Shillx
Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone tell me what's a WA/WB line? I know WA = way ahead, WB = way behind. But what's the line to be taken in such a situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaxup wrote this and it wound up in the wiki, which is not only your friend, it is a useful tool for learning poker:

[ QUOTE ]
Ah yes, the monthly, wtf is WA/WB thread.

The situation: You are in a pot, usually HU (but it occurs elsewhere as well). You have assigned villain a range of possible holdings and realise that 1 of 2 thing is possible:

1) at this point in time you are ahead in the hand. If this is the case, then villain (based on his range) is drawing slim-dead.
2)at this point in time, you are behind in the hand. If this is the case then YOU are drawing slim-dead.

The problem exists in that it is very difficult to discern between the 2 scenarios. In particular, he has the opportunity if you become the aggressor because he can get away from dominated hands, and punish you with his better hands.

How it affects you:

So how do we combat this when he has the upper hand? The key is to just remain passive, thereby putting him in the same situation as you (he has no idea about your strength. Let him bluff his dominated hands while you avoid raises from his monsters.

An example:

you raise UTG with a hand like AJo and CO 3bets you. You see a flop HU.

Flop comes A83 rainbow.

Now, if his 3betting range is TT+ AQs, AK, then a little more than half the time you are ahead, and a little less than half the time you're behind.

Now, lets look at your outs if behind: we have 3 J's and that's it. We actually have no outs against 1 combo of AA.

Now look at his outs if he's behind: 2 T's or Q's or K's or 1 J, depending on his hand.

What happens if we bet or c/r? He 3bets/raises when he's ahead, and gets away cheap when behind.

But what if we check? He takes a stab at the pot on the flop, and usually again on the turn.

Now the interesting part comes when the river hits. Basically there are three lines here:

1)check/call (good if you fear a bluff-raise and feel you're often behind)
2)bet/call (good if you fear a bluff-raise but feel you're usually ahead)
3)bet/fold (good when you do not fear a bluff-raise)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2007, 05:22 AM

yep i play it the same way except I'd bet the river.. Keep him betting his KK and don't put in too many bets incase he has AK.
I like betting this river because it looks like you sucked out and hit runner runner flush.. so he's unlikely to raise the river there unless he has a set or a flush himself.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:50 AM

standard. you are either way ahead or way behind
Old 11-08-2007, 05:55 AM

given he never raises this river unless he has exactly AA/JJ/random tilt crap, the extent to which we use a b/c line compared to a c/c line on the river depends on vils propensity to check behind exactly AQ/K.

at this limit i expect him to check behind such hands quite often and i play it exactly the same.