Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would make a better STTF Mod?
Omahahaha 3 15.79%
My butt hole 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: M2TR shortstacker illuminati thread

[ QUOTE ]
(Personally, I suspect I play well against shorties as I am attentive to stack sizes before the hand is dealt.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't. You think you do. I've seen only a handful of people have any sort of clue what they're doing, which is why Choo Choo is wonderful.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I copied all of MT2R's "lessons" and saved them as a PDF. If anyone wants a copy, send me a PM with an e-mail address.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I would've put more effort into editing in that case

I just worked off of a quickly jotted outline--there are some horrible grammar and spelling mistakes

oh well
Old 11-16-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think any great ss is really sad about this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

they have no reason to be, yet I still get messages where they at least feign that they are quite upset in a very personal way
Old 11-16-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Personally, I suspect I play well against shorties as I am attentive to stack sizes before the hand is dealt.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't. You think you do. I've seen only a handful of people have any sort of clue what they're doing, which is why Choo Choo is wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean that even after this thread that the sky hasn't fallen!
OMGZ
I thought this info was supposed to ruin our games forever.

I once thought that, but it appears it is mainly paranoia. Sharing this info changed very little IMO.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a good thread and I am glad it is in a format that makes it hard for the common fish to implement. my Q, I only have exp SSing FR games for 10k hands ( 1.5 days basically) what does your PT stats come out to in 6m. In FR i played a 9/8.5 style that won over 2/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck and run nittier than most
IIRC, I'm at 16/14 or something.
The elite ss'ers who really know stuff run at 19/16 to 22/20.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you do realize quite a few shortstackers, the ones mentioned here, are making 10k+ per month, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow they 12(now 24) table and play a lot of hands. its not tough. you also say that, yet I have yet to see one FR SSer post a screen shot with win rates, or a graph. Ive only seen 1 or 2 from 6m SSers. so either all of them are worried everyone will find out SSing is the best thing ever, or their win rate is very marginal and nothing to brag about.

from what I saw your info isn't really anything amazing, and anyone with a clue should be able to at worst break even vs a SSer in their games. anyone good should be able to exploit a style that bases play completely on stats/math
Old 11-16-2007, 04:53 PM

oh ya, btw:

1. no way you post this stuff if you played on FTP or Stars(a major site)

2. no way you would have posted this is everyone liked/accepted SSer, and didn't hate them.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you do realize quite a few shortstackers, the ones mentioned here, are making 10k+ per month, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow they 12(now 24) table and play a lot of hands. its not tough. you also say that, yet I have yet to see one FR SSer post a screen shot with win rates, or a graph. Ive only seen 1 or 2 from 6m SSers. so either all of them are worried everyone will find out SSing is the best thing ever, or their win rate is very marginal and nothing to brag about.

from what I saw your info isn't really anything amazing, and anyone with a clue should be able to at worst break even vs a SSer in their games. anyone good should be able to exploit a style that bases play completely on stats/math

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so so so sooooooooooooo wrong. And bad at understanding basic theory as well.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't talking about the 12 tablers

you should really talk to guys that datamine instead of just assuming they don't make $$$$$--then again, I know you're in an active counter-espionage campaign
this thread has some of the better HSNL players admitting that the dataminers show shorties winning at 25/50 blinds on stars [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

my info is enough to make a winner, though it isn't amazing as no ss'er really shared with me and it was all I could decipher on my own

break-even verse the SSer implies changing your whole game to play a 20BB game well, which sacrifices EV in a 100+BB game
Old 11-16-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so so so sooooooooooooo wrong. And bad at understanding basic theory as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't you MrsGrimstar? ROFL.

I'll take my ignorance, and lack of theory(in your mind), as long as it makes me a lot more $$$ than anyone else posting in this thread.

I really don't care, as i don't think anyone reading this thread to change their style will ever be playing in the same games as me. its only promoting the same mediocrity/grinding mentality that way too many players in FR forum have already. i guess if they are looking for easy money short term then its not bad, but there is a reason why there are VERY few winning SSers @ high stakes.