Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: President\'s Cup

Meh, I'll definitely watch, but I've never gotten excited about this event for some reason. Just not even close to the Ryder Cup.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:11 PM

To makes matters worse, it'll be reeeeallly difficult for the international team to catch up now. Looks like it'll go to 5 1/2 - 1/2, killing a lot of the excitement unless it turns drastically tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I'll definitely watch, but I've never gotten excited about this event for some reason. Just not even close to the Ryder Cup.

[/ QUOTE ]

For myself, it's all the "sportsmanship" surrounding this event. It's just one big love-fest between Nicklaus and Player. Makes me want to puke...if they had it there way it would be a tie every year.

Just way too much of an exhibition feel out there, imo.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:26 PM

5.5 to 0.5......looks like a tossup the rest of the way.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For myself, it's all the "sportsmanship" surrounding this event. It's just one big love-fest between Nicklaus and Player. Makes me want to puke...if they had it there way it would be a tie every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, as much as I hate to have to admit this, I agree with you completely, Bitcho.

it's like Jack and Gary try to one-up each other on how long of putts in crucial situations they can concede to each other's team. And then when one finally outdoes the other they share an open-mouth kiss on the 18th while everybody applauds...

... and Bobby Clampett films from the bushes with the Konica-Minolta BizHub SwingVision™.

regardless, what a performance today by Phil and Woody Austin. very entertaining match. I like that pairing.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, as much as I hate to have to admit this, I agree with you completely, Bitcho.

it's like Jack and Gary try to one-up each other on how long of putts in crucial situations they can concede to each other's team. And then when one finally outdoes the other they share an open-mouth kiss on the 18th while everybody applauds...

... and Bobby Clampett films from the bushes with the Konica-Minolta BizHub SwingVision™.

regardless, what a performance today by Phil and Woody Austin. very entertaining match. I like that pairing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't generally quote long posts with a short response, but this is all very correct and/or funny, including the bolded part.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 PM

Match play just doesn't do it for me.

And what's up with Nicklaus conceding a potential bogey/loss?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't generally quote long posts with a short response, but this is all very correct and/or funny, including the bolded part.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP (as the funniest part)!
Old 09-27-2007, 11:11 PM

BSF,

It was all good.

Did anyone see how badly Els whiffed that putt on 18? Hoo boy, that thing never even scared the hole, and it was what, three feet and straight? Total yip. Then it looks like the US team gave them the putt coming back even though it was as long as theirs. Probably because David Toms was putting and he never, ever misses putts that short. It could be three feet and have eight feet of break and it would go in the center of the cup.

All the matches going down to the wire was interesting. So was everyone tarding up the 18th hole. Most notably the Appleby pull hook into the weeds that forced Goosen to hit a blind shot over a hospitality tent and led to the announcers using the term "TIO" about a thousand times in a five minute span.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
led to the announcers using the term "TIO" about a thousand times in a five minute span.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was out of control