Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your play with KQo?
Fold 11 36.67%
Call 13 43.33%
Raise 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Ask the 2+2 Ladies Your Questions

[ QUOTE ]
how insecure is the avg girl and at what age can i stop saying "your the most beautiful girl ive ever seen" etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, this varies so much don't you think? I mean not all girls are insecure. The average girl? Hm...

Some girls are secure but still love to hear that they're beautiful
<-- [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I guess I'm not exactly sure that wanting to hear "You're beautiful" is a sign of insecurity. I think it's a sign of femininity. Ok, Vanity. So, the answer from me would be NEVER.

Any other ladies have an opinion on this?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please answer my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Melchy, I've re-read your post and I'm pondering the best approach. This is indeed a different situation. It is the opposite from so many others. I'm going to think on it for a bit.

Did you see the report that Dateline or Prime Time did on this subject last year? It was kind of interesting. It was about people who wanted to be in a relationship and find love but had no interest in sex. A lot of them thought they were the only ones and felt isolated and lonely. Some of them actually hooked up on the internet. Not sure if you had heard of that report.

Anyway, I will get back with some suggestions.

Lounge ladies, let's help Melchy out with some good responses to females who are coming on to him.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Will you be entering the short story contest?

[/ QUOTE ]

My writing is juvenile and poorly constructed. So, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't worry too much about that, most of the writing is far from perfect. After, I submit my story, there will definitely only be room to go up.

I seriously doubt your writing would come across as juvenile (you seem wicked smart and not-juvenile). Plus, I think the contest would benefit from female participation. Please reconsider.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:58 PM

1. My impression of all women is that they are 90% psychology and 10% physiology. Agree/Disagree

2. Do you still believe in Romeo and Juliet, or are you down to this:

3. For a man who is 38, what is the appropriate age range for dating with the intention of a long-term relationship?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. My impression of all women is that they are 90% psychology and 10% physiology. Agree/Disagree

2. Do you still believe in Romeo and Juliet, or are you down to this:

3. For a man who is 38, what is the appropriate age range for dating with the intention of a long-term relationship?

[/ QUOTE ]

appropriate to whom?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say 25-48.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:37 PM

So the other day I was at the mall looking for some pants in Hot Topic and this cute Asian walk in, she's like a solid 5 and I thought maybe she'll let me hit it. So I go up to her and I'm like whats up, she's like not much just looking for some clothes, and I'm like hey I like your nose ring it's dope, and she's like yea I bought it here. So then I'm like, hey are you hungry do you want to go have lunch at the food court or something, and she's like yeah, and I'm like sweet. So I buy her a sandwich from Subway and we're getting to know each other. I ask her what kind of music she listens to and she's like oh I'm really into the metal scene, I love Korn and Gorillaz, and I'm like me too I love that heavy stuff. Then I'm like hey do you want to go out with me and she's like no I can't I'm gay. I'm like huh and she's like yea I have a girlfriend sorry. I'm like can I get you number at least and she's like I lost my cell phone yesterday.

So Katy how could I have played this differently? Also is there a way to tell if a girl is a h0m0 or not? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I would assume that my problem is a problem exactly opposite of most 2+2ers, and it stems from the fact that I do not enjoy sex. While I do at times wish to have some sort of romantic experience, I understand this is pretty much impossible due to the fact that women who would want a sexless relationship are most likely strong christians and I am an athiest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Melchy,

I'm going to just take your word for it that you don't like sex and go from there. I mean, some people would argue that you should try again with a different girl but I get the feeling you really don't want to hear that. If I'm wrong, tell me.

About the Christian thing, uh I don't think it's a secret that plenty of Christian girls like sex [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

This was before I had my first experience. However now that I discovered my non-enjoyment, I have run into another problem. Women flirting with me.

I have a feeling that it stems from the idea we want most what we cannot have. I've tried just straight up ignoring thier flirtations and try to hold a normal conversation, however this doesn't seem to work so well.

I don't want to come out and just admit to them that I don't enjoy sex and thats why I am trying to turn them away, because that might come off as "leave me alone you whore", and I do not want to hurt anybody's feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well welcome to our world Melchy, where guys hit on us and we are supposed to gently but directly set them straight. It's not easy, is it? I'm the wimpy girl who doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I tend to lead them on rather than let them down. It's a disaster.

The best course is ALWAYS be honest and be courteous. Most women aren't that stupid. They will get it if you are just honest and stay kind.

You wrote that you find it hard to say no to a girl who asks you out because you might be reading her wrong. Honestly, I totally understand your fear. I am the same way. But if there's one thing I've learned from these forums it's that you can't sit around your whole life second guessing your instincts. You'll go crazy. And you'll drive others crazy. You have to just trust your gut and speak what's on your mind. Even if you make a mistake because you misread the situation, it's not that big a deal. Just laugh and be humble. There are worst things in life.

[ QUOTE ]

Also many times If I say something to the effect of "please stop it" when they do the more touchy stuff it seems to be taken as "I dare you to continue"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this does sound kind of awkward. You must have a lot of charm or something. Which is good! I think what you have to do is be a little more honest and forthright.

"I love being friends but your touching me is making me uncomfortable. I'm really not interested in that. Sorry."

or how about "Sorry, but i'm just not interested in that kind of relationship. Please don't take it personally. I'm not really into a physical relationship."

I can't think of any girl I know who wouldn't hear those words and get what you were saying. I think almost any girl would understand.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:52 PM

mmmmm katy! I need a line!!!
step 1. (fill in here)
step 2. ????
step 3. get hot intern
Old 03-29-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say 25-48.

[/ QUOTE ]

i liked your brag post better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]