Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 10:11 AM

Default QQ Out of Position

UB Nightly $129 20k Bounty

Villain has just joined the table and I have no PokerTracker data on him/her. Blinds are 30/60.

UTG+1 (t1730)
Hero (t2770)
MP1 (t6640)
MP2 (t725)
MP3 (t5050)
CO (t3915)
Button (t7220)
SB (t2475)
BB (t3120)
UTG (t2025)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q, Q.
1 fold</font>, Hero raises to t120</font>, 2 folds</font>, MP3 raises to t420</font>, 4 folds</font>, Hero calls t300.

Flop: (t900) 6, 5, J (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 bets t500</font>, Hero calls t500.

Turn: (t1900) A (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 bets t1900</font>...

I'm sure I played this crappy. What is the standard line in this spot? With 45BB to start the hand, I'm not crazy about pushing pf. My initial plan was to cr the flop all-in if an A or K didn't hit. Not sure what brain cramp kept me from following through. After the A hit the turn, I don't think I can beat anything. Can you get any chips out of AK in this spot after his/her cb? Should you shove and end it on the flop? I don't like any of my options here. I guess that's why being out of position blows. Do you cr the flop and if you're unlucky enough to run into AA or KK, just shrug it off and move on to the next tourney? Not deep enough pf for set value. Fold pf? Man I stink.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: QQ Out of Position

What does the 'bounty' thing mean?

I'd probably just shove pre.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:55 AM

Shove PrF. Your not set-mining with QQ. The only reason to call his 3-bet PrF at this depth, would be to push AK out on the flop. As played; crai on the flop.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:43 AM

Doesn't shoving pre only get called by hands that beat us? I like the OPs planned line of call pre, CRAI non Ace/King flop.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't shoving pre only get called by hands that beat us? I like the OPs planned line of call pre, CRAI non Ace/King flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not against an unknown -- he might be looking you up with JJ/AKs

As played CRAI the flop.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:54 AM

I dont like going aipf this early in an mtt. However, lets get back to the fact that you MIN-RAISED PF @ 30/60!!! I would 4b here since you min-raised.
However, if I am making a normal raise, then I would just call the r/r and c/r ai on the flop
Old 10-18-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AK and JJ call. TT might call. QQ might just fold.

Also, if villain has KK+, and the flop is low, we stack off anyway. If the flop is AK, we don't get paid by JJ or we can can get bluffed off by ATC because we're OOP.

I generally don't want to [censored] about here. People do dumb things with dumb holdings early in tournaments. Also, we minraised pre, I've just noticed, which does all kind of weird things to his three-betting range.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:25 PM

Thanks for the input. I mis-posted the blind level. Apologies. It was 20/40. I'm bad but I wouldn't min-raise QQ (or any other hand for that matter) from EP.

Good points all. On a non A or K flop we're stacking off to AA and KK anyway, so I guess the question is how do you get the most value from AK, JJ, TT while not getting outplayed post-flop out of position.

Am I missing out on chip accummulation opportunities by being gun shy about racing (AK) for so many chips early on?

Registar - the bounty is $20 per player you knock out. $100 to the prize pool, $20 to post your bounty, $9 rake.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Registar - the bounty is $20 per player you knock out. $100 to the prize pool, $20 to post your bounty, $9 rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if it's anything like the headhunters on Crypto: a) people play like total spastics b)you really want to take gambles for a big stack with the third best hand in NLHE.