Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 02:15 PM

Default KK plan

Swimming in water that is a bit deep for my skills.

Hand at a 10/20 table but I belong in small stakes as does this post. Table full of tags. I'm probably viewed as a bit passive.

10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Any comments on handling the turn and river?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Re: KK plan

I recently had my head handed to me at 10/20 but here's my take based on the info.

More often than not, action on the flop at this level is from a draw. My guess is the player to your right limped w A-anything of diamonds and has the nut flush draw plus the overcard. The calls from your left are more troubling. If you were perceived as weak, he could have re-raised pre flop w 77 or 33 (also ATo but not as big a concern). In this scenario, if the turn isn't an ace, bet or raise if checked to you. If you're raised (or re-raised) it's probably time to pull the plug. I'm interested to hear others thoughts.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 PM

I would 3 bet the flop, if he calls fire again on non diamond turn, he most likely has draw is pretty heavy drawing board, could have 89 or diamonds, or whatever. Fire again on non-scary river card obviously. If turn is a diamond I check / call to see what he does on river and because you have 2nd nut flush obviously, if fires again on river I would fold non-diamond river, bet a diamond river and fold to raise because he most likely has A high flush anyways. If you get raised after leading out on turn again that's not a diamond, especially if its some card that completes straight on board I would bet and fold to a raise, he is not bluffing at this point and can beat your pair of kings.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:14 AM

Thanks for the comments.

Next:

Turn: (10.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, MP1 calls.

Do you play the turn any differently?
Is the c/r lead still on a draw?
Old 07-07-2007, 01:10 AM

i would raise the turn unless it's a diamond or an Ace.

i now see the turn comes a King [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], so i would raise and probably cap given the opportunity.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:43 AM

It's unlikely that MP1 has a draw unless it something huge like 98 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I'd 3bet the flop and go from there.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's unlikely that MP1 has a draw unless it something huge like 98 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

I'd 3bet the flop and go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought when the pot was getting big you should protect your kings and wait for the turn? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

MP1's play looks like a set of 7's btw... so cap the turn. He's limping, so he likely has a pocket pair, or something like AJ/ATs/QJs/etc. He's not raising for a free-card here on the flop, nor is he limiting the field; instead, he's check raising the field to get more money in the pot. A flush draw would only be even money, so it's less likely to be that. He should know nobody is folding to a c/r-turn bet line by a flush draw, but it might get him to the river cheaper. It could still be a flushdraw, but it's more likely he's raising for immediate value here. The only limping hand that fits completely is 77. (unless he doesn't raise tens preflop, which most people do)
Old 07-07-2007, 07:28 AM

What are these posts btw, "I play 10/20 (!), I turned top-set, what should I do?" What else but cap it? How can this turn be any problem? No draws got there, you have top set, you're holding the current nuts. What else would you want to do? Just keep pressing the bet/raise button.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:48 AM

Well, okay.....Now for the really stupid question then. River completes flush. Villian checks. Hero?
Old 07-07-2007, 07:55 AM

I'm sorry btw, I didn't mean to say it was a stupid question, or as a personal attack or anything. Please post hands, we'll be happy to discuss them. It's just that I meant there's not much room for discussion on the turn when you're holding the nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think you should bet/call the river. He will sometimes show you a flush, but many times he will just call and you win an extra bet. Sometimes he will c/r and you still win.