Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
GJ Refs... another bogus penalty. I've never seen that happen before. Markov gets a high-stick, play goes on for another minute. Then a double-minor gets called on Thornton. ?!?!?!

I've seen hundreds of games... that never gets called. Even when players are missing teeth. I'm all for penalty-reviews, etc.... but KEEP IT CONSISTENT. Almost every penalty tonight had been delayed by like 20 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, if a player is bleeding it's automatic 4 mins for a high stick ... and if they're bleeding a linesman is allowed to inform the ref if the ref didn't see it (unlike other penalties)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thursday 5/10 Ottawa at Buffalo 7p
Saturday 5/12 Ottawa at Buffalo 8p
Monday 5/14 Buffalo at Ottawa 7p
Wednesday 5/16 Buffalo at Ottawa 7p
Saturday 5/19 Ottawa at Buffalo 2p
Monday 5/21 Buffalo at Ottawa 7p
Wednesday 5/23 Ottawa at Buffalo 7p

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Ugh, 8pm Saturday is teh suck.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GJ Refs... another bogus penalty. I've never seen that happen before. Markov gets a high-stick, play goes on for another minute. Then a double-minor gets called on Thornton. ?!?!?!

I've seen hundreds of games... that never gets called. Even when players are missing teeth. I'm all for penalty-reviews, etc.... but KEEP IT CONSISTENT. Almost every penalty tonight had been delayed by like 20 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, if a player is bleeding it's automatic 4 mins for a high stick ... and if they're bleeding a linesman is allowed to inform the ref if the ref didn't see it (unlike other penalties)

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, REALLY!? You must have missed that it's NEVER called a minute late. I've seen players lose teeth and it's never called after play goes on for a minute, even after the player shows his mouth to the refs. Red Wings get special treatment.

GG
Refs 4 - JT/Nabokov/Grier 2.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, REALLY!? You must have missed that it's NEVER called a minute late. I've seen players lose teeth and it's never called after play goes on for a minute, even after the player shows his mouth to the refs. Red Wings get special treatment.

GG
Refs 4 - JT/Nabokov/Grier 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the play, but you are right on this. The 4 minutes is an automatic upgrade of a 2 minute penalty, it's not something that is called because someone is bleeding from a penalty that was missed earlier. They have to call the initial penalty then decide to add 2 more minutes.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't see the play, but you are right on this. The 4 minutes is an automatic upgrade of a 2 minute penalty, it's not something that is called because someone is bleeding from a penalty that was missed earlier. They have to call the initial penalty then decide to add 2 more minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I know the rules.

You didn't see it, so let me explain. JT high-sticks Markov behind the net. Play continues for another minute, with everyone playing. Sharks have touched the puck... actually, they sustained pressure in the Red Wings zone. They almost score a few times even. Red Wings ice the puck. Ref goes over to the Red Wings bench, sees a mark on Markov's mask and blood in his lips, then calls the penalty.

I'm not arguing it wasn't a call, etc. I'm saying that's ridiculous. Players are ALWAYS bleeding on the bench from high sticks and such that are missed, yet it's never called a few minutes later.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:43 PM

linesmen can call 4 minute penalties - they rarely do, but I've seen it happen.

However, the ref has to inspect the player to prove it's a double minor. I only caught the tail end of the play so I never saw how late the penalty was called.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I know the rules.

You didn't see it, so let me explain. JT high-sticks Markov behind the net. Play continues for another minute, with everyone playing. Sharks have touched the puck... actually, they sustained pressure in the Red Wings zone. They almost score a few times even. Red Wings ice the puck. Ref goes over to the Red Wings bench, sees a mark on Markov's mask and blood in his lips, then calls the penalty.

I'm not arguing it wasn't a call, etc. I'm saying that's ridiculous. Players are ALWAYS bleeding on the bench from high sticks and such that are missed, yet it's never called a few minutes later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you stop being a douchebag?

The linesman can call the penalty IF and only IF he saw it, and is 100% sure it wasn't an errant stick or puck. If you see someone bleeding on the bench with no call it's because nobody saw it.

High sticks that draw blood have zero room for interpretation in the rule-book ... if any of the 4 officials see it on the ice it gets called. The linesman does not have the power to blow the play dead, he must wait for the whistle before conferencing with the ref.

Should I provide a link to the rulebook?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
linesmen can call 4 minute penalties - they rarely do, but I've seen it happen.

However, the ref has to inspect the player to prove it's a double minor. I only caught the tail end of the play so I never saw how late the penalty was called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know they can have to be inspected, etc. I know JT high-sticked Markov. I've seen linesmen call penalties. I would LOVE if the NHL upped their technology and could call the right [censored]. However, it pisses me off that what happened tonight NEVER happens. Play was sustained BY THE SHARKS (should have been whistled like a billion times) for a good minute at least. Tons of shots on goal, etc. Penalty was called after the Wings ice the puck (when Ref checks the bench and sees the tire-tread looking mark on Markov's shield and bloody lip)

NHL:
1) Please upgrade the net cameras. Figure out a way to tell if the puck crosses the line or not.
2) Stop calling every little stick penalty while ignoring the other blatant penalties. Also, learn to call two penalties on one play and call penalties on shorthanded teams. Fire refs who think they are the show (Magoo) and don't allow them to dictate the game.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The linesman can call the penalty IF and only IF he saw it, and is 100% sure it wasn't an errant stick or puck. If you see someone bleeding on the bench with no call it's because nobody saw it.

High sticks that draw blood have zero room for interpretation in the rule-book ... if any of the 4 officials see it on the ice it gets called. The linesman does not have the power to blow the play dead, he must wait for the whistle before conferencing with the ref.

Should I provide a link to the rulebook?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I am wrong. I've seen them call penalties but I guess it's because the players were usually down behind the play. I've never seen it called after a play.

Next time don't be a douche yourself... you totally missed the point.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:49 AM

He's a douche? Cause he corrected the patently incorrect rants of a lunatic?

It's like when Ryan Callahan got 2 minutes yesterday for getting elbowed.