Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

are you kidding about the shanahan call? assuming we're talking about the same thing, shanahan got called for nearly cross-checking kotalik into the boards when he's defenseless - a foot closer to the boards and that one's at the top of Sportscenter and suspensions are being talked about. a dangerous and senseless play.

I only saw the Rachunek play twice - the NHL has to re-write that rule. 'Distinct kicking motion' is a lot of BS - but Rachunek appeared to re-direct it in with his skate.

I agree the Sabres can't complain about officiating in this series now, though.
Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM

yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 04-29-2007, 06:21 PM

IT IS NOT OVER

LET'S GO RANGERS
Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM

Buffalo's playing like it's September. No desperation at all.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Buffalo's playing like it's September. No desperation at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

the great thing is they could still win the east this way.

the biggest problem that jumped out to me is that they categorically refuse to dump and chase on the power play. this is a complete mystery to me.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM

Great win for the Rangers. IMO the Rangers have outplayed the Sabres in 2 of 3 games allthough game 3 was very well fought by both teams. A lot of people thought they would be way outmatched in this series but I think they are proving they belong.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way that replay is enough to reverse the call on the ice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I disagree with you, the replay officials disagree with you, and the NHL's head of officiating disagrees with you. Other than that, you're right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny ... EVERY report on this call has said it was a bad call ... from local homer broadcasters to ESPN Radio to ESPN TV. I haven't heard a single commentary that said it was the right call. NOT ONE. And of course, if you look at the replay with any sense of reason whatsoever, you cannot possibly conclude that there was enough there conclude that Rachunek directed the puck in with a clear kicking motion.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you kidding about the shanahan call? assuming we're talking about the same thing, shanahan got called for nearly cross-checking kotalik into the boards when he's defenseless - a foot closer to the boards and that one's at the top of Sportscenter and suspensions are being talked about. a dangerous and senseless play.

I only saw the Rachunek play twice - the NHL has to re-write that rule. 'Distinct kicking motion' is a lot of BS - but Rachunek appeared to re-direct it in with his skate.

I agree the Sabres can't complain about officiating in this series now, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your word on the Shanahan call. It looked like nothing to me, but I must be thinking about a different replay/call.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:27 PM

Buffalo is extremely talented. They play fast, hard, and clean. It's clear why they are the class of the conference. They also seem like a very easy team to like and root for. If I did not have a team still alive, I'd root for them, and being an eastern conf fan I certainly will root for them should they do the expected and eliminate the Rangers, (provided nobody goes Chris Simon on anyone).
Old 04-29-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Were they complaining the clock started early or something? Because the puck was clearly in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That the clock started late, not when the puck was dropped as it should have. That is, the period was actually over before the puck went in. (Jersey goal with .2 seconds)

Not exactly Hull's foot in the crease, but I guess when you're doing radio you gotta grab any angle. Anyway, it got seriously old by the time they started making pretend calls to Oliver Stone.

The Ottawa radio play by play guys (Gord and Dean) are really good, they're just nowhere near as funny as they think they are and every once in a while they devolve into really, really bad schtick.