Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

[ QUOTE ]
To be honest I'd be kind of upset if one of these guys who registered later than me got the spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 03:05 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] nah. It's not so much the new registering, it's the fact that I don't think I've seen them post at all in this forum. Obviously if Wiggs or Rook(who is newer than me) were to get it I'd be disappointed that I wasn't chosen, but happy for them as they've both worked hard and been active participants in this forum.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just want to say congrats on the success. Glad I could help in a small way.

Also, I'll be submitting my application upon bustoness from highstakes PLO. (I swear to God 25/50 is rigged!)

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. Without you i'd be one of those loser-donk highstakes SNG players with like 23480823409234804 FPPs but no idea how to play with more than 25BBs.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] jk loser-donk highstakes SNG players!

Thanks again. PLO is obviously more rigged than anything i've ever played. I dont see your application tho. Its gonna be tough for me to decide if you're worth teaching without knowing what you're qualifications are.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'll be submitting my application upon bustoness from highstakes PLO. (I swear to God 25/50 is rigged!)

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. Without you i'd be one of those loser-donk highstakes SNG players with like 23480823409234804 FPPs but no idea how to play with more than 25BBs.

Thanks again. PLO is obviously more rigged than anything i've ever played. I dont see your application tho. Its gonna be tough for me to decide if you're worth teaching without knowing what you're qualifications are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm not busto yet, have lots of monies to burn through still. But my mounting losses at 25/50 could force me to chase losses on 50-100 FTP so busto could happen soon. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm not busto yet, have lots of monies to burn through still. But my mounting losses at 25/50 could force me to chase losses on 50-100 FTP so busto could happen soon. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least let me know when you're playing nosebleed stakes 4card nofoldem. I LOOOVE WATCHING THOSE GAMES. And i'll finally have someone to root for.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:50 AM

- Experience at all forms of poker: The obvious Moneymaker era home game bashings and break-even Internet play. Got a few bucks free from Pokerchamps.com and won some small MTT's and eventually pwned the $2.75-$5.50 SNG's there until I had enough to move to Party for $11's. Did okay there and of course had to move to Stars.

In June I played a WSOP freeroll on Titan and won it. I cashed in the ME for $16,493, knocked out by John Gale. Also, Titan's model/spokesperson was Joanna Krupa - I say no more.

The cash basically made it possible for me to quit my job, even though I didn't have a safe enough SNG sample size to be sure I was a big enough winner. I was miserable at the job, so even if this doesn't work out I've lost nothing.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: Right now I play 7 for SNG's. Cash I dunno...I'd probably have to start with 4, after a little while probably 7.

- Current bankroll: $4,000+

- What you expect to get out of this arrangement: I need to learn cash, and this is a golden opportunity.

I did a Neteller transfer for sippin_criss a while back so that he could get the Stars reload...
Old 01-12-2007, 04:56 AM

Nice offer Pasterbator,

I play full time, I'm British, I live in Peru and I'm not very good at poker. Current BR is $1200. I cash out c$1500 per month. I'm currently playing $50NL tables and $6.5 and up SNGs - varies throughout the month with the bankroll. Max I like to play is 8 at a time - this gives me time to note down hands I want to review. I have played $600NL regularly and $215 SNGs (on Party) - but since going full time I've dropped down until I become a better player. As xPeru on Party I FTd c10 MTTs with buy-ins up to $109. Don't play many on Stars, but money c20% of them. I can do the maths and the spreadsheet modelling, I keep pretty meticulous records, don't tilt off my roll and love the game.

Can you trust me? A month or so ago I PM'd FutureDoc on 2+2 because he was sitting out on two $27s I was playing - no other references available.

I'm a winning player at ring, SNGs and MTTs, but only just. There aren't any other poker players to talk to in Peru, so I aim to get to know at least one other poker player, and become a better player myself. Simple.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I will hopefully make an official announcement with my choice tomorrow afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone please create a list of applicants with odds of them getting chosen.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill give you 100:1 against futuredoc85
Old 01-12-2007, 05:29 AM

Age - 25

Experience - I have played live 1/2 and 2/5 No limit for the past 3 years. I spent the summer at the wsop playing cash games and a few tournaments. I have always wanted to play consistently online but really haven't had the opportunity to do so. I have been forced to cashout the majority of my bankroll for an emergency recently so I'm trying to build it back up online. My live roll is basically gone now after using the money for other things. I'm a winning player live over the past 2 years.

I currently can 4-5 table pretty comfortably but I'm definitely willing to try 6 tables as long as it doesn't affect my play.

Out of this deal I would hope to be able to multitable some of the larger online cash games. I really want to succeed at this and I'm willing to put the time in to do so. Poker is something that I've loved since I started playing in college. I know I'm not a great poster on this site, I mostly lurk. I read the site everyday though and try to learn as much as I can, but I think talking to someone about hands, and having them sweat me would help me much more than posting.

Hopefully you'll consider me as a student, its really something I'm very interested in.

Dave
Old 01-12-2007, 05:32 AM

Me!