Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Super Bowl Line

[ QUOTE ]
The pointspread gets inflated in the Super Bowl. No way Indy would be -7 on a neutral field vs Chicago in the regular season. Think they'd be -10 in the dome, or -4 AT CHICAGO???.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not. I said as much earlier in the thread. But since the SB has had SO many blowouts, huge lines occur.

To put it in some perspective, how often do you see 10+ point faves in NFL? Usually, the game is an excellent, high-scoring home team versus one of the worst teams in the league. I'm guessing that maybe 5% of all games go off over 10, and far less than 1% go off 18 or higher, and yet of the last 16 SB's, between 2 of the best teams in the league, 7 of the last 16 years the spread has been over ten points, with SF and insane 18 point favorite over San Diego in SB 29. You will NEVER see a 10 point line between two good teams with solid records in the regular season, but it is commonplace in the SB, ( and somewhat common in the playoffs).
Old 01-23-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Larry Johnson 13 for 32
Jamal Lewis 13 for 53
Pats team 24 for 93

[/ QUOTE ]

what is so impressive about this? they allowed four yards a carry to a guy who sucks and a team with a very mediocre run game. having the other team pass more because you're ahead doesn't mean your run defense has improved.

basically all you have here is one good game against the chiefs and two okay ones, and i don't think that outweighs the whole regular season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and a few more things.....special teams, special teams, special teams. Did I mention special teams? Oh, I think Chicago may have slightly better special teams. I see Hester scoring at least once!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the last couple of Superbowls I booked, the handle on the props was greater than the handle on the pointspread. Of course, this was at the IP, where we had about 200 props.

[/ QUOTE ]

youtalkfunny,

You still at the IP? I've been out there for past 12 years for opening weekend of March Madness. Love the setup. Any changes this year? Lines were pretty long last year.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most anyone who knows football that watched that game thinks the best team on the field was the Seahawks. Luckily for Steelers, results matter, not opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone thinks that except whining Seahawk fans.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
manning doesn't care about winning the superbowl, he has his endorsement deals + commercials. beating the patriots + brady was his only football drive, he is going to be a huge letdown in the SB.

Jump on the line early and take the Bears ATS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the dumbest reasoning I've ever heard for a bet.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who doesn't think the Bears will win this game are out of their minds or stupid as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my contention that posts like this shouldn't be allowed in sports-betting at all. If a new poster is going to come in here and just shout that their team is a 'lock to win' or whatever why should we allow them?

Just my feelings on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Throw away what happened in the season, the team has a different mentality now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that makes sense, throw away 16 out of 19 games this season(the larger samle size) and look and only the last 3. Thomas Jones and Benson will run all over the Colts and own the T.O.P
Old 01-23-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
most anyone who knows football that watched that game thinks the best team on the field was the Seahawks. Luckily for Steelers, results matter, not opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone thinks that except whining Seahawk fans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-23-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Throw away what happened in the season, the team has a different mentality now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that makes sense, throw away 16 out of 19 games this season(the larger samle size) and look and only the last 3. Thomas Jones and Benson will run all over the Colts and own the T.O.P

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Recent games are more important than games from 5 months ago, any pro handicapper or scientist when running tests will tell you the same.

2) Why not look at Colts games where Sanders played? Just a thought.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who doesn't think the Bears will win this game are out of their minds or stupid as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's my contention that posts like this shouldn't be allowed in sports-betting at all, ever. If a new poster is going to come in here and just shout that their team is a 'lock to win' or whatever why should we allow them?
Move their post to Sporting Events.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]