Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 11:02 AM

Default NL200:TT line check

No stats as this is still my first orbit, but table VPIP is >30. All the coldcallers seem to playing most hands.
Villain looks prety bad, but nothing specific.

Poker Stars, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $193.25
UTG: $249
Hero (UTG+1): $200
UTG+2: $183.95
MP1: $135.15
MP2: $206.05
CO: $272.10
BTN: $50
SB: $157.70

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $8, MP2 calls $8, CO folds, BTN calls $8, SB calls $7, BB folds

Flop: ($42) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $30, 2 folds

<font color="green"> </font> Bet size ok? <font color="green"> </font>
Turn: ($102) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ] (2 Players)
Hero checks, MP2 checks

<font color="green"> </font> It quite possible villan has 2 pair here or maybe TP flush draw and I dont know how he'd play it so I just check. Not sure what the best plan here against a unkown possible donk <font color="green"> </font>

River: ($102) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [ J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $40</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to $80</font>, Hero calls $40

<font color="green"> </font> OK, the more interseting bit. I try a block here as I dont want him to take control of the bet size. Comments? Getting 5 to 1 on the call, I think an unkown could be bluffing a missed draw here enough to make this plus +EV. All imput very welcome. <font color="green"> </font>
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 AM

Default Re: NL200:TT line check

Let me note upfront that I suck at poker.

Flop looks OK. Since you're leading out into 4 opponents you might want to bet a little more. Maybe in the area of $35-$40. But this is nitpicking.

Turn: What do you put Villain on after he calls flop bet? I think most likely hands are pocket pairs (77, 33, 22, 88-JJ) or flush draw (possibly with Ah). On the turn, Ax gets there, naked flush draw doesn't. I think bet-folding, check-calling and check-folding are all reasonable options here.

River: I think I'm check-calling a smallish bet here and considering check-folding to a big bet. I don't see the value in leading out. What hands will he call with that you can beat? 88 &amp; 99? Doubtful. As played, I seriously consider folding to the river raise. He's giving you 5:1 so he probably expects a call, which makes it unlikely he's bluffing.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Jay, I agree with what you're saying and wouldn't normally play this way, but 3 of the guys at the table where playing every hand so far, raised or not. I didn't have chance to check out any showdowns as I was busy on other tables, but I got the idea villain was real donk.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:08 PM

Bet/fold turn is best IMO.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Calling river would be nuts.

We don't know anything about him, he could definatly have checked the turn w/ 2pair or a set, not to mention the times he has Axhh (AhJh?), J7s.

I just think that vs unkown, its a little to much to assume that they are making a move like this.

Something else, I want to add.. We don't know anything about him again, so he could have coldcalled PF w/ QQ or JJ and in that case, I think we need to bet this turn, as its a great card vs that range, alternatly we charge his flushdraws and his weaker pair hands like J7s from getting a free twopair river, in which case they probably aren't going to pay off a river bet anyway w/ the A out there even if we check the turn.

By checking the turn, you are giving up control of the hand. The samll value we give up vs mid pocket pairs that are folding for sure now, is not worth the hassle of potentially putting us in a bad spot on the river.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 PM

don't block if you're going to end up calling the raise.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold turn is best IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that was my first thought. I think his domkeyness put me off my game. I'd seen some wierd bets and calls at this table but hadnt had chance to check the HH yet to get an angle on it. It seemed to be playing more like an NL10 table!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't block if you're going to end up calling the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I agree withthis 100%, but I just got the feeling the guy was an idiot ( OK, no stats or reads or anything tangable LOL [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). I think I played the hand badly (hence posting it), but at the time I realy thought he could be bluffing the river enough to make it a call.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM

i think the flop is okay, b/f is prob best on the turn, because that ace can be a scare card for a lot of his holdings. you get a lot of folds from 44-66 and 88-99, and essentially take out a lot of the villains range. river i c/f, and as played, i NEVER call that river minraise