Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Stars 25-50 Shortstackers

Socuties, one of the better regular short stackers on stars claimed that he has made 200k short stacking over the past two months. I play a lot of hands and i have no one in my database even close to that amount. I obv think he is FOS...

Can someone who data mines reveal his real figures?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:01 PM

punter,

because you would likely get banned from chatting very quickly. stars has no interest in you either spreading falser rumors that their software has bugs, or that their security has been compromised.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Socuties, one of the better regular short stackers on stars claimed that he has made 200k short stacking over the past two months. I play a lot of hands and i have no one in my database even close to that amount. I obv think he is FOS...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 21k hands on him since 2/15 with 14k of those at 25/50 NL and he has won 7700 dollars total with a bb/100 of MINUS 1.81. In his 14k hands at 25/50 NL he is down 23k or -3.22bb/100.

is he the best SS? of course variance is a factor but these results are less than stellar.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because you would likely get banned from chatting very quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so maybe without cheating accusations. Just sit out and announce that you will not play if shorties continue to do so. More than half of most tables are 2p2'ers that would be real painf for stars and shorties.
I guess they dont take too much money from the games if peope arent willing to take serious steps to stop it.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:16 PM

i dont mind shorstackers at my table since 99.9% are just plain bad, way too passive and really easy to play against.

the thing is, for good players with understanding of hand ranges and good basic knowledge its surely profitable to shortstack agressive games - but they almost certainly have a higher hourly rate playing a big stack.

so basically i dont care if the min. buyin is 20bb or 50bb since i welcome weak players in my game, however ratholing shouldnt be allowed the time you have to wait before you can buyin for the minimum at a table again should be at least 2 hours this would prevent the annoying hit and runs.

sorry if someone posted the same thoughts already i didnt have time to read the whole thread.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 21k hands on him since 2/15 with 14k of those at 25/50 NL and he has won 7700 dollars total with a bb/100 of MINUS 1.81. In his 14k hands at 25/50 NL he is down 23k or -3.22bb/100.

is he the best SS? of course variance is a factor but these results are less than stellar.

[/ QUOTE ]

no he's way too nitty. id say the best shortstackers are littlezen and ... actually, he's probably the only one that i can think of.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no he's way too nitty . id say the best shortstackers are littlezen and ... actually, he's probably the only one that i can think of.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that the point?

fyi littlezen is a winner but not by much, and I don't think hes v. good... although I'd say the same for most of the short stackers

mark,

I can check in a couple hours and will post his stats since january 1( I've got EVERYTHING up till March 1) but when I looked him up like a month ago he was +$60k overall since September.

-Jeff
Old 03-11-2007, 12:06 AM

the party shortstackers would shove with any two when the CO or button raised. so thats what im basing nitty off of. the party shortstackers crushed those games right?
Old 03-11-2007, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the party shortstackers would shove with any two when the CO or button raised. so thats what im basing nitty off of. the party shortstackers crushed those games right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more of open raises. I agree that the stars short stacks are too nitty vs. LP raises, although there seems to be more of a "hate" factor on stars that results in short stack shoves getting called light very often.

edit- posting stats for several months seems inappropriate, just PM me (unless its ok, in which case I will post)

Fatal is the biggest winner by far for the short stacks. He seems like the best short stacker, although I think he has leaks. A really good short stack could do a lot of damage, although nothing comparable to the biggest winners in the game.

-Jeff
Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 AM

bkholdem- Do you think there should be a minimum buyin at all? If so, why?

If we can agree that a minimum buyin should exist at all, then we should easily be able to agree that 20bbs is not an optimal minimum buyin for a pokergame that has 100bbs as a max.

The argument here should not be whether shortstackers are scum, unethical, or diseased human beings, but what is best for online poker and the current state of the games.

Just remember, less fun = less fish.

I don't think people are wrong for exploiting a weak game structure, but that doesn't mean the weak game structure shouldn't be improved.