Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 05:56 PM

Default More legal fun

The GF and I own a salon. A couple weeks back, one of our worst hairstylists quit, which was nice, because it saved us the trouble of firing her.

She sends us an e-mail stating she didn't authorize a deduction from her last paycheck for her uniform, so she wants her $60 back. Well, she did sign a form in our employee handbook stating that uniforms would indeed be deducted. She sends us a blurb from the Deductions From Wages for Uniforms and Other Facilities Under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) which says you can only deduct x amount per paycheck blah blah blah... since she's a commissioned employee, we don't believe this applies, but obvioulsy she believes otherwise.

In all honesty, the $60 bucks isn't a big deal, but here's the twist. We KNOW she's stolen from the cash register several times. Probably $100 total. Additionally, she took a $200 hair dryer with her when she left. So in our last response my GF said it doesn't apply, and talk to our lawyer if you want to discuss further. "And by the way, you're lucky we're not pressing charges". While we never saw her take the money, there were several reasons we knew beyond a reasonable doubt it was her.

She responds simply stating, "I'M NOT SCARED OF YOUR LAWYER!"

Obviously we're not going to do anything regarding her petty theft, but can you believe the nerve of this b*tch? Who's got a good next move?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: More legal fun

just bump your old thread.

oh, and kill her obv
Closed Thread