Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 AM

Default Re: wow people in the main event play bad

i play horrible, i busted on like the third hand of the 2nd day [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

raise AJ mid position, button calls, flop KQ10 rainbow one heart

i bet, raised, i call, 6h on turn, i check, bet, i raise, all in, i call

river 7h

other guy Ah5h [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 10:53 AM

laugh out loud donkey tournaments
Old 07-09-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what's the worst day1s saw or heard about? abe mossieri had a guy move all-in on him with AJ on a 89TJ board at 50-100. -ba

[/ QUOTE ]

Lady beting 1k/calling 3k more with JT on like a K679K board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that update...it was Janet Jones...Wayne Gretsky's wife, called a river raise with JT high on a coordinated board lol

[/ QUOTE ]
sounds like 100% risk free call to me

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd say that is one of the more aggressive calls i've ever heard of.

did she really table the hand...that is insanity.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After the dinner break a woman with 40,000+ chips who I had as a major target called off in one hand $35,000 of those chips on a 55Kxx board. She had K9 and was obviously beat by a 5 but just kept calling. It hurt to watch because I wanted those chips!

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, why would you have HER as a major target, just because she was a woman?

I mean unless it was an limpfest prior to the flop, I wouldn't put anyone (IE: The blinds) on a 5 myself, so I'm guessing she felt her kings (top pair, and most likely good kicker) were good.

If you are saying that just because she's a woman, I'd LOVE to have YOU at MY table sometime, because I'd bust your azz for sure.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:45 PM

Not at all because she was a woman. For the first level I thought she was pretty solid. Then she became very predictable in her play, misread a few situations, and got most of her chips in hands she should not have been in or just got lucky in. I had a very good read on when she was strong or not.

More importantly, the player with the 5 was even more obvious in his play. Several times he had bet the flop got called then he slowed down indicating if he missed or kept going if he hit it. He also would fold to test re-raises if he missed and she had two chances to try that to feel him out.

There were others I had as targets as well, but she allways called if she had top pair pf and allways folded if she missed and the player to her left was a rock so it was easy to isolate her when she was small blind and 1/3 times she would fold to a 2bb bet on the flop.

Need more?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After the dinner break a woman with 40,000+ chips who I had as a major target called off in one hand $35,000 of those chips on a 55Kxx board. She had K9 and was obviously beat by a 5 but just kept calling. It hurt to watch because I wanted those chips!

[/ QUOTE ]

Question, why would you have HER as a major target, just because she was a woman?

I mean unless it was an limpfest prior to the flop, I wouldn't put anyone (IE: The blinds) on a 5 myself, so I'm guessing she felt her kings (top pair, and most likely good kicker) were good.

If you are saying that just because she's a woman, I'd LOVE to have YOU at MY table sometime, because I'd bust your azz for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be a fun date.

(I'm joking, calm down. I don't think you'd be a fun date at all.)
Old 07-09-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not at all because she was a woman. For the first level I thought she was pretty solid. Then she became very predictable in her play, misread a few situations, and got most of her chips in hands she should not have been in or just got lucky in. I had a very good read on when she was strong or not.

More importantly, the player with the 5 was even more obvious in his play. Several times he had bet the flop got called then he slowed down indicating if he missed or kept going if he hit it. He also would fold to test re-raises if he missed and she had two chances to try that to feel him out.

There were others I had as targets as well, but she allways called if she had top pair pf and allways folded if she missed and the player to her left was a rock so it was easy to isolate her when she was small blind and 1/3 times she would fold to a 2bb bet on the flop.

Need more?

[/ QUOTE ]
NOWned
Old 07-09-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you assume he had a target on because she's a woman? Is it because he's a man? I WOULD BUST YOU UP IF WE EVER MET AT THE TABLES.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this isn't a joke you're doing way more damage to cause than helping it.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was she hot?