FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 08:09 AM

Default Re: I need advice on achieving my goals wrt sexual intercourse

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKY

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]...Lighten up Ernie. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY = You Should Seriously Consider Killing Yourself

Haha, its on the advanced 2+2 abbreviations page (link on the bottom left hand side menu)

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck
Old 10-30-2006, 09:54 PM

It's ok, I realize (big time) how tough it can be to work while going to school. I also strive to keep a high GPA and it makes also making any money off of work really hard. I can work some on most weekends and I have money saved up so I'm ok off there.

If your so poor your miserable a loan might be worth considering. Of course no one likes the idea of taking money and having to pay more of it back, but if your doing that good in school hopefully your gonna end up with a kickass job and paying off a few g's over time shouldn't be hard.

Not sure why you wouldn't ever treat a woman. Most of the time nowdays it isn't required, but believe it or not it's just usually a good thing to do. Despite the movies you've seen the MAJORITY of women aren't going to go out with you just for a free meal and movie. Don't look at it as getting walked over, because you usually won't if ever, but think of it as doing a nice thing for a girl to show her that you care about her. So you really think a girl should [censored] you before you take her out and pay on the date? I truly don't feel it's a huge deal not to pay, but you usually can't go wrong doing it.

Dating seminars, matchmakers, etc. are usually a waste of time according to some friends who have tried them, but I don't know. Prostitutes according to everyone who's tried them are not.

Ok then you won't lie to yourself. But you HAVE to be confident or you will never get anywhere with women. So if you look at every woman and think she would never want to sleep with a guy like me she probably never will. You need to convince yourself that you are a catch and a woman would be lucky to be with you. You don't need to be uber cocky better than all women, but you need to feel as if you have something to offer a girl.

As for the friends...I don't know much about your college but find interesting things. Join a club to meet people, (my college has everything from a Halo club, to a dodgeball club, etc.) try playing a sport (intramurals), etc. Get involved in things that interest you and other people who are interested in them will take care of the rest.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why you wouldn't ever treat a woman. Most of the time nowdays it isn't required, but believe it or not it's just usually a good thing to do. Despite the movies you've seen the MAJORITY of women aren't going to go out with you just for a free meal and movie. Don't look at it as getting walked over, because you usually won't if ever, but think of it as doing a nice thing for a girl to show her that you care about her. So you really think a girl should [censored] you before you take her out and pay on the date? I truly don't feel it's a huge deal not to pay, but you usually can't go wrong doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, maybe I've taken some of the other sites about how to get laid too seriously. I've definitely taken the attitude that if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. And that women who expect men to pay are just using them. It's not a very comfortable point of view, the hostility doesn't feel good and it gets in the way of relating to women, so I'll take your advice and drop that way of thinking.

[ QUOTE ]
Dating seminars, matchmakers, etc. are usually a waste of time according to some friends who have tried them, but I don't know. Prostitutes according to everyone who's tried them are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I guess nothing beats experience.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok then you won't lie to yourself. But you HAVE to be confident or you will never get anywhere with women. So if you look at every woman and think she would never want to sleep with a guy like me she probably never will. You need to convince yourself that you are a catch and a woman would be lucky to be with you. You don't need to be uber cocky better than all women, but you need to feel as if you have something to offer a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I'd just like to focus on what I really do have to offer - intelligence, creativity, a unique approach and outlook, passion, etc. I'd like to look better, of course, but I'd rather look better first, and then feel confident about my looks, rather than simply telling myself I look good even when I know I don't. I think I can increase my confidence by appreciating the positive and working to eliminate the negative, rather than telling myself everything is positive.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the friends...I don't know much about your college but find interesting things. Join a club to meet people, (my college has everything from a Halo club, to a dodgeball club, etc.) try playing a sport (intramurals), etc. Get involved in things that interest you and other people who are interested in them will take care of the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some clubs I want to join, the problem is all the clubs meet at exactly the same time. I may not be able to work anything in other than the pre-med club. But I'll be joining some others and going to events, etc - even if I can't make the regular meetings. I'll look into sports - I'd be interested in track or swimming, maybe in martial arts. I joined the school gym yesterday, that should help. Do you recommend getting into shape before looking to join any sports? I may be too skinny to do much good on a sports team right now.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, maybe I've taken some of the other sites about how to get laid too seriously. I've definitely taken the attitude that if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile. And that women who expect men to pay are just using them. It's not a very comfortable point of view, the hostility doesn't feel good and it gets in the way of relating to women, so I'll take your advice and drop that way of thinking.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I guess nothing beats experience.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I'd just like to focus on what I really do have to offer - intelligence, creativity, a unique approach and outlook, passion, etc. I'd like to look better, of course, but I'd rather look better first, and then feel confident about my looks, rather than simply telling myself I look good even when I know I don't. I think I can increase my confidence by appreciating the positive and working to eliminate the negative, rather than telling myself everything is positive.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some clubs I want to join, the problem is all the clubs meet at exactly the same time. I may not be able to work anything in other than the pre-med club. But I'll be joining some others and going to events, etc - even if I can't make the regular meetings. I'll look into sports - I'd be interested in track or swimming, maybe in martial arts. I joined the school gym yesterday, that should help. Do you recommend getting into shape before looking to join any sports? I may be too skinny to do much good on a sports team right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

some points...what u have to offer in terms of personality, intelligence, etc. is good not only for a relationship, but for a hookup also...be confident (not cocky), a litte funny and don't be overly sensitive because it's easy for people to pick up on these things...

yea, hit the gym before u start the sports so u don't get so winded in the beginning...

we'll need some trip reports on ur success...
Old 10-31-2006, 06:15 PM

your best bet is to work with what you've got. What is that, you ask?

You're in college and all different kinds of girls are forced to interact with you daily through class, clubs, walking across campus, the campus bookstore, the cafeteria...there will never be a time in your life when you will have access to this many members of the opposite sex at once.

So what do you do about it? Find a girl or two who shares your interests, your major, needs help in a class you both have, etc. Next time you're getting a sandwich and see a girl sitting by herself, ask if you can join her. I know it's scary, but you HAVE to get over that and do it anyway. If she says no, oh well, maybe the next one will say yes!

Join a few clubs that interest you and I guarantee you will be talking to girls in no time. (Assuming the clubs you join actually HAVE girls in them, hint hint)

Don't try to be cool, don't try and act like you're suave or know stuf you don't. It won't work. Just be yourself, be a little self-patronizing about your inexperience with women...some girls will eat this up. Really.

I think you've got a great attitude and I bet you'll be talking to some cool girls in no time, as long as you don't let the process overwhelm you.

good luck!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:17 PM

Way too much complicated advice here...

1) You say you have courage and low standards. That's good (something I don't have without booze). Go up to a 3 and talk to her. She will be flattered.

2) Invite her on a date.

3) Make sure the date involves drinking. Be yourself.

4) Invite her back to watch a movie. Have more drinks ready.

5) The rest should come naturally.

Go back to step 1 whenever you fail.

Really disagree with HMK about the weed. Keeping it out of the equation has always worked best for me, we are looking to LOWER inhibitions here.

Start at the NYU library or some place in the village. NY is the definitely the best place for the types of chicks you
are looking for.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:11 PM

OP, if you're only out to get laid, it will be obvious, so find a better reason to choose the activities you embark on. If you start to go to the gym, go to get in shape, not to meet women. Go places and do things you're already interested in, and you're more likely to meet a woman who shares that interest--and thus is more likely to be interested in you.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go up to a 3 and talk to her

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go up to a 3 and talk to her

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, low standards are crucial for a guy in his position. Moderately skinny, slightly below average attractiveness girl = win for his situation.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:15 PM

Sorry dude, virgin forever...