Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Average Speed IV Game Thread!

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I did really have finals. When I signed up, I didn't think it would last as long as it did. If I play another game I will be posting much more. However, villagers have to think meta-game here. Lynch quiet players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought the game was a slam-dunk early day 11. 2v3, all villagers suspecting each other. The only ingridient missing - a second wolf to force a majority vote when one villager makes a mistake. I was very sure that Elevens is voting Durron that day, and was rather surprised he unvoted before going to sleep. Then after a good nights sleep, elevens figured it all out [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
We pulled it through in the end, so I take back everything I thought but never said about you.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:22 PM

Sorry, villagers. I let everyone down. I shouldn't have been so wolfy in getting my point across.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, villagers. I let everyone down. I shouldn't have been so wolfy in getting my point across.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say the same thing I said in redux.

Every villager deserves an equal share of the blame. No one person messed up more than another. The villagers sucked, the seers sucked, and xorbie wap0wned you.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Elevens,

In the future, don't make it seem like you're willing to vote for anybody that you can get three votes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was willing to vote for either of the two wolves. I guess I didn't make that clear.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:39 PM

all,

This was a really fun game. You guys had us so on the ropes early on, with scott, bobo and a few others nailing myself, pudley, gethere, istrong and cezar with varying frequency. I figured by a few days in that we were all pretty much [censored] and the wolves agreed that either pudley or I should come out as a fake seer ploy. Originally I had planned on naming Alex and Durron as wolves because I thought one of them had to be the seer, but by the time I got on I noticed that you guys weren't actually that close to killing me, but that a wolf was likely to go. I figured that by naming all villagers I could get a reasonable chance of you guys just lynching a rando villager and that I could throw a bit more confusion into the game. Unfortunatly pudley was the one you guys settled on and forced our hand a bit.

The play worked pretty well though I suppose, because you guys forgot about cezar and iStrong, and I was really just hoping to get one of them to the last five, getting both was a miracle.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hehe KM, I didn't mean it like that. I don't remember the exact context, but the reason I said that was because a) you had suspiscion b)your list of wolves wasn't exactly different from other people's (and you actually voted in accordance with me for awhile), so I don't see why they'd think you were seer....it had nothing to do with implying you were bad or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I was teasing you. I read your post and couldn't stop laughing. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2006, 05:45 PM

LVP: Everyone
Old 05-26-2006, 06:25 PM

I am home now and I have been waiting for this one to end for a long time. This is the single most frustrating game I have ever played.

First an address to a few different players:

BobOjeda - His list of wolves was just perfect and I said as much the day after he was lynched. Being a seer is tough and I don't think he did much, if anything, wrong. You have to be somewhat suspect as a seer so you don't get killed overnight. Unfortuantely he couldn't avoid it, but I didn't find any particular reason he brought the lynching on himself.

Chuckles - I felt like an idiot after lynching you, because in essence I wanted to lynch you because you were playing very well. You were also playing very differently from your normal game. When you do that people will pick up on it. I would stick with the new Chuckles though, next time it won't strike me as out of the ordinary and I won't be pushing to lynch you.

Xorbie - Absolutely brilliant fake seering. I didn't believe you for very long because I was dead certain that Get There was a wolf. You also made a post that sounded so much like a wolf I couldn't possibly entertain any other possibility. It was at the end of the day when you told the village not to lynch Chuckles or Pudley and to lynch a real wolf.

On the second day after you lived I knew for certain you were a wolf and I could tell even you were a bit incredulous that people believed you. I got the feeling that if one more person had dismissed your villager claim you might have given up.

Durron and Dankhank - I have calmed down after this, but I went out to dinner thinking there was no way anyone could lynch me on the word of a fake seer. I really felt like I should just stop talking and let traz and Tokyo plead my case.

There are really two ways of finding wolves. One is just a hunch or instinct, where you believe someone is a wolf even if you can't explain exactly why. It is hard to blame someone when they are wrong on that basis. The other is logic and deduction. Logically there was no scenario at all where it was better to lynch me than Xorbie. It just made no sense.

Then in the aftermath Durron said he would learn so much after lynching me and I never saw the least sign that was true. I guess he meant after he lynched me he would know Xorbie was a wolf, but I thought that was pretty clear already. Dank probably would have let Xorbie live to the end if it was up to him.

Hornacek - WTF dude? Did you even consider coming out when I was pleading for it? I guess I can understand it a little better if you thought I was a wolf, but if you had looked at me it is completely inexplicable.

In the end I think that if Hornacek comes out, the village wins the game fairly easily. Of course I was convinced Durron and Dank were wolves because I couldn't believe their drive to vote me off. By the next day their villagerness was pretty clear, just because it would be incredibly risky to follow Xorbie that closely if they were wolves.

I really believe what I said to Durron earlier in the game. When a smart villager ends up on the wrong end of a whole bunch of votes that end with a villager being lynched, he is probably not a wolf. If I was a wolf in that game there is no way I would be associated with so many lynchings. Usually the guy who points at how many villagers he has defended is much more likely to be a wolf.

I played this game poorly and felt a lot like Kyro in Redux. My instincts were good at times (Get There and Xorbie), but my votes were lousy. I got into a lot of situations where it was between two people and I had to pick my favorite of the two, or leave my lone vote on someone who had no chance of being lynched. In the future Kyro and I will be lynching everyone with a hint of AFK behavior for the first few rounds.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Elevens,

In the future, don't make it seem like you're willing to vote for anybody that you can get three votes on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was willing to vote for either of the two wolves. I guess I didn't make that clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the end of the day that was true. But you voted for me at the beginning of the day, didn't you?
Old 05-26-2006, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then in the aftermath Durron said he would learn so much after lynching me and I never saw the least sign that was true. I guess he meant after he lynched me he would know Xorbie was a wolf, but I thought that was pretty clear already. Dank probably would have let Xorbie live to the end if it was up to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did lynch three wolves in a row immediately after your death, you know.