Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Go Pro? advice from Sbrugby

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

100% agree. College, as in actual college and not the stuff that comes with it, is not fun. You can get the other stuff easily without going to college.

I find poker fun and I suspect anyone that would be able to do it as a living and be very successful would too.

So to say college is fun and poker is not is pretty backwards imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

[ QUOTE ]

Trust me. College will be one of the best and EASIEST times of your life. You don't need much money to have fun and the snatch is plentiful!

If you think College is hard... then you are a loser.

Poker is a bore when you are grinding for a living... there are much cooler and more exciting professions to strive for... how about owning/starting a Poker mag? Best of both worlds!

Poker and life in general sucks when you are on a losing streak. Why deal with any "losing streaks" if you don't have to... life is too short!

If you work hard and make the right decisions in life you will almost ALWAYS succeed! Poker can kick your arse big time... even when you hold the Aces!

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is a beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what this means... if it means "the truth" then I agree.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
college is fun. Poker is not. Poker will always be there. College is not as fun when you're 25 and everyone else is 18-22

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure that most of the successful poker players that are foregoing college are having a pretty good time too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, all 10 of em!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
college is fun. Poker is not. Poker will always be there. College is not as fun when you're 25 and everyone else is 18-22

[/ QUOTE ]

truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

def
Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
go to college, get a degree, make money on a consistent basis,retire by 65 that is the way to go

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds awesome, lemme know how it works out.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look at how profitable poker was say 2yrs ago and look at the state of the games today. poker will not always be as profitable as it was, or even is today.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it will, poker will ALWAYS be profitable, it just won't be that way for as many people.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
go to college, get a degree, make money on a consistent basis, that is the way to go

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah aba or cts should def. go to school for 4 years to get a job that might pay $50k/year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not many people make much more then that at their first job out of college. If you do then you are one of the lucky ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Obv. bumped a bit because you get raises or whatever, but a lot of 1/2nl players are making as much as someone a few years out of college.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's pretty obvious that the correct answer is yes for some people and no for others

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look at how profitable poker was say 2yrs ago and look at the state of the games today. poker will not always be as profitable as it was, or even is today.

[/ QUOTE ]What do you think the top %10 of online players' average hourly was then?

Now?

I think the games evolve and as they do you get better too, so I'm not sure if it was really more profitable then for the average winning player than it is now.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:22 PM

It's just a lot harder to back to school when your 35 and busto... Better off to graduate, then take chances in life.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

100% agree. College, as in actual college and not the stuff that comes with it, is not fun. You can get the other stuff easily without going to college.

I find poker fun and I suspect anyone that would be able to do it as a living and be very successful would too.

So to say college is fun and poker is not is pretty backwards imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

[ QUOTE ]

Trust me. College will be one of the best and EASIEST times of your life. You don't need much money to have fun and the snatch is plentiful!

If you think College is hard... then you are a loser.

Poker is a bore when you are grinding for a living... there are much cooler and more exciting professions to strive for... how about owning/starting a Poker mag? Best of both worlds!

Poker and life in general sucks when you are on a losing streak. Why deal with any "losing streaks" if you don't have to... life is too short!

If you work hard and make the right decisions in life you will almost ALWAYS succeed! Poker can kick your arse big time... even when you hold the Aces!

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is a beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what this means... if it means "the truth" then I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have gotten a job after college.