Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2006, 07:15 AM

Default Proposed proposition bet with Gigabet

Proposed proposition bet between Gigabet and the yet to be recruited participants.

Gigabet has agreed to take part in this study

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post4450003

and would like to make a friendly $10,000 wager to go along with it.

I’ve written the following rough draft. Lets get it in a final agreed on form before I send it to Gigabet for his approval. After we get this finalized and Gigabet has agreed to terms I will start soliciting participants. I will also in the future learn to keep my damn mouth shut so I’m not put in charge. Ok all you lawyers out there, now is your time to shine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigabet has agreed on principle to a bet on his completing exactly 100 games at each of the levels of 10 person Party Poker no limit holdem sng’s starting at $11’s and continuing through $215’s. His starting bankroll for this bet will be $165 and cannot be added to. The sets of 100 games at each level must be completed in order, starting with the $11’s and progressing up to the $215’s. If at anytime he falls below the amount needed to buy-in at the level he is currently at he will be deemed to have lost the bet.

I (lacky) will have password access to log into the account in which the bet is being played to view the account activity and verify the bet was completed fairly.

Gigabet agrees to provide access to the complete hand history for each game played. He also agrees to a non-binding gentleman’s agreement to complete the study of 100 games per level and provide hand histories for those games regardless of the outcome of the bet. This is a value added incentive I will use to generate enough interest to reach the minimum bet amount of $10,000.

In the event I am able to find enough participants to reach the minimum bet amount of $10,000, all money collected will be matched by an equal amount by gigabit and escrowed with a mutually agreed upon 3rd party until the completion of the bet.

***edit****i really wasnt looking for participents at this stage, but as the majority of responses at this point are about that, my initial thought is a minimum participation of $100. Ideally it would be much higher so I didnt have to deal with too many people, but i hate to price people out
Old 01-15-2006, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Proposed proposition bet with Gigabet

I don't think he can do it. Where do I send the money? How much do I have to bet to see all his hand histories?
Old 01-15-2006, 07:22 AM

i think he could complete this successfully.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:23 AM

count me in for a $100?
Old 01-15-2006, 07:23 AM

I don't understand the bet. Is he saying he can get from 11's to 215's within 600 SNG's, without going broke?
Old 01-15-2006, 07:27 AM

If bettors will get to see the hand histories I would like to make a bet, but I won't bet that much. I'm only a poor $55'er [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Who will bet on this? How much are people planning on betting?

his side of the bet is he can play 100 games at $11's, then 100 at $22's, then 100 at $33's, then 100 at $55's, then 100 at $109's, then 100 at $215's, starting with $165 and never adding to that initial deposit.

Our side of the bet would be that he can not complete the above.

If that still doesn't make sense, I can't help ya

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he can do it. Where do I send the money? How much do I have to bet to see all his hand histories?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in for $100 if I get to see all the HHs. I bet the diciest part is going to be the $11s and the $22s. Lots of variance when few fold. You have to get some hands.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the bet. Is he saying he can get from 11's to 215's within 600 SNG's, without going broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

He will play 100 SnG's at each level starting with $165. He can't move down, and if he has less than one buy-in left he loses. I thought this was clear though.

EDIT: there should be a min bet. Otherwise people could say 'I'm in for $10 if I can see the hand histories'.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:29 AM

im in for a hundo if i can see his hand histories.