Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

im not reading the thread. are the classic songs any good on hard/expert?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 PM

Anyone know why Velvet Revolver isn't in the game?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
word from the scorehero rumormill:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewt...sc&start=0

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, i'm very happy. thanks for the link
Old 10-31-2007, 11:50 PM

man i just die on tier 8 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know why Velvet Revolver isn't in the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
take a look at the link 2 posts above this one. apparently there are a few velvet revolver songs coming out as downloadable content.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not reading the thread. are the classic songs any good on hard/expert?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you mean by classic but of the ones made before the 70s (I think) sunshine of your love and pride and joy are great songs to play and black magic woman and paint it black are ok. They definitely some of the better (GH) songs on there.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 AM

Sweet jebus this game is hard. It doesn't help that I have stubby fingers without too much dexterity. I beat the game on easy without too much trouble except for a couple songs which I'm trying to finish up now. This god damned slayer song is KILLING ME. I can't imagine it on expert.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:49 AM

er lol pride and joy is from 1983, tells you what I know. These games have a pretty slow learning curve despite its relative simplicity. I have small fingers too and still do fine on expert.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:55 AM

Please please please let the Foo Fighters and Velvet Revolver packs be available for Wii. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 02:46 AM

I think we need some sort of recap from those who have theg ame and have played it a pretty good deal.

1).What are some of the specifically good things you discovered about it?

2).What are the bad?

3). What were you looking forward to, and actually came through?

4). Looking forward to, and dissapointed?

5). Have you tried online play?

6). What are the positives and negatives of online play IYO?

7). Name some of your proudest achievements (none too big or small).

I'll start first

1).Well for starters, HO/POs are noticeably easier, and it feels kinda cool to just rip that solo in Cult Of Personality which may have been much much harder in GH 2 and impossible in GH1. I also discovered some solid songs, that I was very surprised by. Previous to the game being released I was bagging on My Name is Jonas but now find it's one of my favorite songs to play. Cult of Personality is awesome to play and I never would have guessed it coming in either, but so far my favorite would have to be is Cities On Fire With Rock And Roll (or the Devil Went Down To Georgia after it's released). I know the BOC, but had never heard this song and was pleasantly surprised. I just have a blast playing it.

2). I guess the easing of the HO/PO system could be seen as "bad" by some. Peronsally, I'm a competitive person so I can't help but think to myself after nailing an extended solo "yea you may think you're good but you only got that because it's easier this time around". Maybe irrational but w/e. The non-clusion of The Devil Went Down got me all heated but they're changing that thank the lord.

The battle system in career mode is awful plain and simple, IMO. It's just completely retarded and unecessary. Most importantly it's just not fun.

3). Online play has been in a word AWESOME. I can see myself playing nonstop at all hours of the day, always with an opponent. Battle is a ton of fun, and getting some good battles going with some random on Xbox Live can be great. Pro-face off is solid and what I expected, co-op is co-op, but Battle is the online moneymaker for me.

The song selection came through, but not quite as I had anticipated which I'll get to in #4.

4). Well, I was looking forward to a ton of songs in this game, namely Before I Forget, Paint It Black, Welcome To The Jungle, Number of The Beast, FCPREMIX, etc. What I found was that generally the songs I REALLY anticipated ended up kinda letting me down (read:sucking), but other little gems more than picked up the slack. Tier 7 sucked ass, and Before I Forget was a dog [censored] song to play, plain and simple. The others I just named were mediocre-below average in my mind. With the bad come the good and all.

5). Hell yes

6). Always keeps the game fresh to a degree. Battle is a blast, and when I feel like getting through a whole song with a competitive aspect pro faceoff is there for me. Xbox Live is simply an amazing thing to me. I think I've said what I needed to say.

Negatives: Douches who play while giving their mic to some loser friend who just feels like talking trash to you. this can be funny at times, but so far in my experience it hasn't, at least on GH3. I got some good [censored] talking battles on Gears of War when I would play that, but I no longer play it.

I'm pretty sporting, but it kinda burns me up when I'm battling someone playing on Hard when I'm on Expert only to see it's basically impossible for them to fail a song. This just kinda tilts me. And entering my game then selecting medium as your difficulty just doesn't fly with me. Two level jumps shouldn't be allowed, and since there's no level higher than Expert take off your mini-skirt and give Hard a whirl.

7). I don't have any real "achievements" worth bragging about but I said none too big, none too small so I guess I'll have to say the fact that I beat Lou on Expert is my biggest achievement to date. I wanna get through TTFAF, then start working my way through the set-list 5 starring stuff.

Anyways, these are some of the thoughts I had regarding the game, and if you havent' already expressed them somewhere in the thread I'd be very interested to hear them from here on out. Keep on rockin'