NPR News 0 0%
Reuters 0 0%
Google News 13 20.97%
Yahoo News 3 4.84%
Other (specify) 18 29.03%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: POG Mole - Pin Pals Team Thread

yeah i just missed a day by accident and apparently i couldnt play any more after that
Old 10-16-2007, 04:57 PM

again he was playing for the team not for himself and that is pretty nuts
Old 10-16-2007, 05:01 PM

I agree, there was no need to go for the knockout blow, especially considering how little participation the other team has put up. But in a real game I think tokyo would of gone for it
Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 AM

well at least we know for sure he isnt the mole considering he stuck around for the whole thing....

not sure exactly what the right strat was there... it certainly looked like he should have taken the offer considering like 90%+ of the field didnt leave the game voluntarily
Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 AM

i was reading back through the thread today and noticed this between me and mets, just thought i would repost ahha

[ QUOTE ]
how is that local sports team?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
mets are in first place with a 6 game lead if thats what you are asking

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was reading back through the thread today and noticed this between me and mets, just thought i would repost ahha

[ QUOTE ]
how is that local sports team?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
mets are in first place with a 6 game lead if thats what you are asking

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha ha ha ha ha
Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 PM

are you guys kidding me?

how am i supposed to know 3/4th their entire team was dropped after the first case opening? I have to assume that their team is playing.

This is NOT the real show. This is NOT real money. Therefore there is NO reason to take a -EV deal. Especially one that was so insanely -EV. I have to assume that the other team is playing to win, and in doing so, they will play the game in the most +EV manner. No Deal was by far the right move and the fact that it didn't work it is just results-oriented thinking.

As far as being on the show, I would probably take the deal, but definitely not for sure. Maybe 75% of the time, depending on my financial situation. Actual utility and all that. But this is fake money so its not the same.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys kidding me?

how am i supposed to know 3/4th their entire team was dropped after the first case opening? I have to assume that their team is playing.

This is NOT the real show. This is NOT real money. Therefore there is NO reason to take a -EV deal. Especially one that was so insanely -EV. I have to assume that the other team is playing to win, and in doing so, they will play the game in the most +EV manner. No Deal was by far the right move and the fact that it didn't work it is just results-oriented thinking.

As far as being on the show, I would probably take the deal, but definitely not for sure. Maybe 75% of the time, depending on my financial situation. Actual utility and all that. But this is fake money so its not the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
actually, you can know that their team would suck, given how they found 0 pictures for the last task. We should play every challenge like knowing the other team will suck
Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys kidding me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said before - EV is long term, and only matters if you have multiple plays. That's why you look for the best EV in poker - you're going to be doing it thousands more times, and in the long run you will come out ahead.

With this game it's a one time thing. You win or lose. The Risk of Ruin here was high. EV should not have been your concern on the last one. If the deal was $700k, and the two cases were $500k & 1M, then I would agree that you don't take the deal. When the two cases are $200 & $1M... well, Scott did better

EDIT: Who cares what their team did? We have no knowledge or control over that.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:43 PM

Everyone who thinks tokyo no dealing was bad is just being results oriented. If we were all keeping track of where everyone was here, you may have an argument (maybe), but we weren't.