Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Excellent Business Opportunity in U.S.

How many have noticed that shirts you buy at sears etc. are pretty much shot after 1 summer? I'm talking about summer shirts, not the dress shirts you wear with a tie to work.

My casual summer shirts pretty lose their color & shape after 1 season and are good for nothing but yard work the 2nd summer.

I do, however, have a shirt that I bought in 1993 that was made in the U.S. that is in such good shape that I can wear it to work on casual days.

It is 90% cotton and 10% linen. That's 14 years it's gone without fading or losing it's form.

So, even if that shirt cost $100.00 today, I would save more in the long run by buying a U.S. made shirt, rather than buying one of those cheap $16.95 shirts at sears every year for 14 years.

I think somebody could make a mint bringing back U.S. quality.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Excellent Business Opportunity in U.S.

WTF?
What message in Gods name are you trying to get accross here with regard to a business opp.?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 PM

He thinks consumers would choose higher priced quality over disposable consumer goods.

I'm pretty sure he is wrong. There are plenty of designers that sell quality t-shirts. I don't wear T-shirts often but the few I own cost $80-150 and they last a couple of years. If people wanted upmarket t-shirts they would buy them. Most people prefer t-shirts be disposable and they want to buy new ones often.

The activities people do in t-shirts are not really compatible with them lasting even if the shirt was made of quality materials.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:50 PM

I dont have any shirts made in the US. So I can't argue either way. Come to think about it, I don't remember the last time i ever bought a piece of clothing that was made in the US. Do you have some examples?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't wear T-shirts often but the few I own cost $80-150 and they last a couple of years

[/ QUOTE ]

owned

Next time you want to buy a T-shirt, PM me.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:13 PM

I'm don't understand the use of "owned". My best guess is that you believe paying that much for a t-shirt is stupid.