Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: FT small live tourny low M\'s

When I get near the bubble of a live tournament with shallow stacks I push preflop a lot. The problem with pushing here is that MP1 will be getting huge odds to call and the other 2 are getting darn good odds. So if you think those guys are just trying to make the money and will only call with big hands then push. Otherwise, just fold preflop. BTW: the reason I pass on the nice preflop pot odds is to preserve chips for pushbotting and because I don't want to lose the additonal chips for no benefit if BB pushes.

Another preflop approach preflop is to just push, in the full knowledge that MP1 will call and the other 2 fold. You are then racing with MP1 getting better than 3:1 odds. I think you need a read that BB and CO will only call with big hands to do this. CO will be getting huge odds is MP1 calls.

As played, you should go with your read and raise. If you are nearly sure CO has air, you probably have the best hand, but you are vulnerable to half the deck. Calling is just passive spew.