Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 07:12 AM

Default Limit material.

Hey guys, I play short limit for a living and was wondering if anyone has read any good limit books that have helped improve their game. The only thing I have ever found to be helpful is of course stox's book.

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Limit material.

You play for a living and you're asking us which books to buy?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't he ask that? You don't need to read every book thats written about limit poker to be a winner!

If you have read stox book as well as HEPFAP and SSHE you can't expect to find any revolutionary book that will make a huge impact on your game. I'm skimming through "Weighing the Odds" right now and I think there are some good stuff in it.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 AM

Sorry, of course he can ask that. It's just that, you see a guy's first post and he claims he makes a living playing SH and wants to know which books to read. Maybe just too late for me to be responding. I apologize to the OP.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 AM

How has HEPFAP been for you all? Is it worth reading in lue of Stox's book?
Old 10-05-2007, 09:02 PM

No, it's more basic, worse, full ring, offline. Read it only if you like history, and then add the Middle limit holdem poker (full ring, offline, what looks like 40% loose though they said 1/3 or so, but it doesn't look like it) to it and you have a piece of history, though still to get the more complete picture and how much it took to get the details right, plenty more material is needed, and don't forget the turbo texas holdem limit software and Abdul's preflop strategy, and Pokerroom.com's preflop stats from their site, that are also important steps in the history.

But the Stox book is the first on the line of shorthanded limit holdem after the theory of poker for more general reading. One other sh book is also out and the third one is soon out too.

Also, there's a shorthanded forum somewhere, though nothing is going to be much good in selecting the books as it seems people are giving lots of books and maybe a piece of them is something one needs. Though one can get those books often up to for free, and they do not cost much if anything compared to winnings, but they cost time and energy and it's useless to read some books one does not need to read.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Different stuff. The Stox book is most useful for when you find yourself in a heads up pot with a tough player, or at most a 3 way pot.

Small Stakes Holdem is best for games that have 5 or 6 players average per flop. Holdem for Advanced Players sort of covers both. But HEPFAP is most useful against semi-skilled players that are somewhat aware but not highly advanced.

If you play a variety of different levels you need all of these books.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Different stuff. The Stox book is most useful for when you find yourself in a heads up pot with a tough player, or at most a 3 way pot.

Small Stakes Holdem is best for games that have 5 or 6 players average per flop. Holdem for Advanced Players sort of covers both. But HEPFAP is most useful against semi-skilled players that are somewhat aware but not highly advanced.

If you play a variety of different levels you need all of these books.

[/ QUOTE ]

the games that are listed in Small Stakes don't exist online anymore, unless you go to play money, or to .1/.2

When I was rebuilding my roll last year, I was bonus whoring 1/2 absolute full ring. It was the hardest game I've ever played in. And I played up to 5-10 on pokerroom, and 10-20 short on AP now. The 5 to a flop days are over, unless you are playing 4=8 live.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't he ask that? You don't need to read every book thats written about limit poker to be a winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

false

and playing "pro" at 0.50/1 is retarded.

go to target and get like 10/hour
Old 10-05-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

false

and playing "pro" at 0.50/1 is retarded.

go to target and get like 10/hour

[/ QUOTE ]

You can easily make $4000+ a month 4-6 tabling .50/1 with the supernova bonus and the freeroll.