Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Bottom pair, bottom kicker, lotsa draws

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero...

Early at the table so no meaningful reads. They do seem like a passive lot prone to check and call. I seem to remember an SSHE example virtually identical to this declaring that the ghastly pair with all the draws was still a strong hand. This seems like the quintiscential multi-way pot. Even with 5 others I don't expect much competition for the OESD. I don't want to *keep* 5 others because I don't want someone with (say) a BDFD hanging around.

My thought is to check, and c/r if a bet comes late hoping to present the early players with two bets cold. If there's too much action I'll fold, otherwise I'd like to c/c the turn and try to hit the river.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Bottom pair, bottom kicker, lotsa draws

Check and re-evaluate.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM

I prefer to bet out here because you have so many outs and want to make random over cards with 6 outs fold. I don't like a c/r because that will put you heads up against a better hand.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to bet out here because you have so many outs and want to make random over cards with 6 outs fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I want overcards to fold?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM

I would check and evaluate the action like you say. Even passive villains get really aggressive on these boards.

You have part of the idiot end of the draw and a pair, but pairing your two will make anyone with an ace or 6 a straight, weakening your two pair draw. A 7 may kill you or your draw to a 6 may be for a chop or kill you too - so you may hit your hand but be outdrawn, weakening your potential outs.

Keep in mind the pot is really small, so you are really looking for an ace or a high spade.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to bet out here because you have so many outs and want to make random over cards with 6 outs fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I want overcards to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I have only one pair and my hand is vulnerable to them hitting a six outer. Though it is unlikely to happen, I do not want this to get checked through.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 PM

the way you guys are talking it sounds like hero has the best hand here. he usually doesnt. thus cut it out with the "defending your hand" stuff. you cant defend your hand if you're almost always drawing to begin with.

this is an easy c/c of one bet and anything else is spew.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:12 PM

You're not going to win this hand unimproved. Having bottom pair no kicker is okay because it gives you a couple more decent outs to trips (your two pair outs are no good), but I would play this hand as a pure draw.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:04 PM

I'd check. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the way you guys are talking it sounds like hero has the best hand here. he usually doesnt. thus cut it out with the "defending your hand" stuff. you cant defend your hand if you're almost always drawing to begin with.

this is an easy c/c of one bet and anything else is spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop check raise against a late position player willing to bet because it was checked to him isn't so bad. If bet = pair, then don't check-raise.