Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Ante Up For Africa

There were 300 entrant spaces for the special tournament in the name of African refugees in Darfur. Shame on the professional poker players - only 170 players anted up for the charity sponsored by Annie Duke. Where were the pros who make millions? Maybe they didn't want to listen to Phil Helmuth make his moderator debut where he shimmied up and down the celebrities backs in a way that would have gotten him the hook at the Apollo Theatre. It was a great idea but the only player who really addressed why we were there was Charles Barkley. All said and done, the crashers at the Voodoo lounge after-event party probably couldn't even told you what the event stood for. Shame on you poker players! You take and take and the one chance you have to give back, you don't think the equity is in your favor. Congratulations to those like Esfandiari, Matusow, Harmon, Gowen, Gold, Hachem, and Ferguson who gave a little back to the world for once. Sorry, Annie -- you had a good cause but you've got to thank someone besides the celebrities for showing up. Try saying hello to someone who isn't listed on the IMBD once in awhile. Give your brother the same advice.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Ante Up For Africa

1) I have no clue where you wanted to post this but this is the magazine forum.

2) How many poker players do you think make millions?

3) If Ante Up for Africa came to my door tomorrow I'd seriously not give them any money specifically because of your post.