Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: A6s flopping NFD

[ QUOTE ]
I'm villain in this hand. So our "Hero" is up against a (hopefully) thinking TAG with stats of 19/14/2.2 over a sample of 17k hands. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I was curious about his line. I assume it makes sense though you don't see it often. I'm not sure why. That's why I post it...

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UGT+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, and Hero does now what?

I think that his pf call is likely good. I'm rarely ever limping and if I am, then it's with some suited broadway-combo. He probably realizes that his pf-edge - if existent at all - is relatively small HU. His implieds if he limps along and invites the rest of the table to do the smae, skyrocket, though.

Standard seems to be to call and fold the river ui. But is there some sense to capping and trying an "extended" free-card play? I guess there is, but then - why don't you see it much more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see this play often at where 'hero' has no concept that with no pair and the fd he is about a 2:1 dog if behind.

Paying 3 sb for a free turn card that will usually cost you 5 sb is bad poker at these levels. Especially when you could see if for a total of 3 sb if you just call the flop. Maybe you get your free card on the turn anyway.

I don't like 'Hero's line at all, unless he has some super read on our villian.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: A6s flopping NFD

the original flop raise is pretty marginal. it depends a lot on my dynamic with the "villian" in this hand. if he is going to bet this flop with like underpairs with no outs and he respects me a little, i may try to pound it and try to win unimproved by firing the whole way. but also in a pot this small i would try to build it by having overcallers not shutting people out, especially when there is no particular need to "clean up" outs.

given that hero got 3bet on this flop there is no chance of winning unimproved it is best to call and hope to raise the turn or river if you hit your hand. if hero goes for the free card cap, and checks the turn his hand is face up and it would be rare for him to get paid off if he hits and you kill your chances of getting two big bets from a raise, since if a diamond comes the villain should check.