Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Turn 3bet semibluff.

Maybe this is dull but bugging me so ...

Stars 10/20. Villain is 30/20/1.5 after only 100 hands, nothing stands apart yet.

Hero open raises on the button with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villain in SB 3bets, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain checks, hero bets, villain calls

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain check-raises. hero 3bet, villain calls.

Rare play for me but villain doesn't know that. Not sure what to put him on but his line smells a bit.

Obviously hoped he fold so now what to do? I'm planning to bluff the river.

river: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, hero checks.

Think I'm going mad but wonder if I should fling in another bet here.

Ta
Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Turn 3bet semibluff.

I would bet the flop, but wouldn't if we had a regular T9 or just a flush draw. I'd definitely take a free card on the turn. 3-bet on turn is spew. wtf do you put him on, QJ? River check is good.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the flop, but wouldn't if we had a regular T9 or just a flush draw. I'd definitely take a free card on the turn. 3-bet on turn is spew. wtf do you put him on, QJ? River check is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure what to put him on but he doesn't have to fold very often here and he doesn't have to have that much does he?

chez
Old 09-26-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure what to put him on but he doesn't have to fold very often here and he doesn't have to have that much does he?

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the whole 3-bet out of the SB check flop, check/raise turn?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 PM

I agree w/ Tiger here, the turn 3-bet is spewy, taking a free card there is prob best.

When he 3-bets preflop and then checks flop, his range is usually monster or overcards. If he wasn't already there, the K hits a lot of his range.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the whole 3-bet out of the SB check flop, check/raise turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Confused me totally - what hands play that way on a drawy board?

I think his range is large and most of it beats me. I just don't know if he folds enough of it.

chez
Old 09-26-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree w/ Tiger here, the turn 3-bet is spewy, taking a free card there is prob best.

When he 3-bets preflop and then checks flop, his range is usually monster or overcards. If he wasn't already there, the K hits a lot of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that makes sense but most of the time most of the people continuation bet or check-raise with those hands and a lot of the time people represent stuff they haven't got especially in button blind battles.

I dunno.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think his range is large and most of it beats me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dare you to come up with a hand that doesnt beat you. but yeah that's not the point.

i don't think his flop line is bad for something like KJ/KQ.

i'm with tiger, I never would have bet the turn.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:49 PM

Aha! I knew you were capable of bluffing! I was justified all those times I payed you off :P

What's sort of funny is I agree with the others that you shouldnt bet the turn in the first place... But once he c/r, I dont mind the 3-bet but probabily wouldnt do it.

His line is somewhat suspect.. My guses is there is a resonable % chance he had a weak made hand and was trying to rep a monster when he realized you were betting again. But its also possible he has the K and just plays weird.

The thing is, most people dont fold those weak made hands even to your 3-bet cause they would likely recognize that you "could" be bluffing here..

All in all I prefer a passive approach, but the 3-bet isnt terrible by any means... Someone with your image is the right person to do it. The initial turn bet is bad tho.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aha! I knew you were capable of bluffing! I was justified all those times I payed you off :P

What's sort of funny is I agree with the others that you shouldnt bet the turn in the first place... But once he c/r, I dont mind the 3-bet but probabily wouldnt do it.

His line is somewhat suspect.. My guses is there is a resonable % chance he had a weak made hand and was trying to rep a monster when he realized you were betting again. But its also possible he has the K and just plays weird.

The thing is, most people dont fold those weak made hands even to your 3-bet cause they would likely recognize that you "could" be bluffing here..

All in all I prefer a passive approach, but the 3-bet isnt terrible by any means... Someone with your image is the right person to do it. The initial turn bet is bad tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with this post.