Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 04:51 PM

Default NLTRN Overpair vs. loose-passive

This is a $5 SnG. We're early in the match; villain has been pretty passive so far, so that I chose to pot-bet flop and turn of a limped K34r board. Turn came 3, river 2, villain had Q4 and we split. So I concluded that I should v-bet very agressively, as he'll call down way too often.

Given that, how's my line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero (t1860)
BB (t1140)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, BB calls t100.

Turn: (t320) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t320) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>...

Yes? I didn't particularily like the board, lots of draws he could have and Q4 - again - would just be what I'd expect him to hold more often than not. But given that he checked the river, I assumed I'm good very often. How are the bet sizes on flop/river?

Edit: Vs. a passive calling station, it's probably better to bet the turn, check behind the river? Chances of getting semibluff-raised are pretty small, chances he's still drawing pretty big, chances that he'll call a river bet smaller compared to the times he'll call a like-sized turn bet...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: NLTRN Overpair vs. loose-passive

Yeah I agree with your edit - bet the turn. I don't think his hand is a 4 nearly as much as you think. Draws are much more likely.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:09 PM

Flop is fine. I bet 1/3 to 1/4 pot on turn. Check behind river.

I just noticed that's what you put in your edit. Good answer.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:06 PM

bet turn and river. this is hu and he probably calls with a 5. as you were basicly caught bluffing you should bet pot on the turn.