8 157 22.43%
9 42 6.00%
10 19 2.71%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Saints @ Cowboys

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People need another athletic young black guy to root for now that Vick hasn't panned out.

[/ QUOTE ]
You should do pregame with Rush Limbaugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except I think McNabb is the man. Seriously, if Limbaugh is going to say something like that, the least he could have done was dropped Vick's name.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Never visit here, but I had to comment on the Saints. What do people think? Are they legit? Seems like everyone has been treating them this year as a feel-good story, a "yes-but" team with no legitimate shot at title contention. After destroying Dallas, are they the new NFC favorite, especially if Chicago doesn't get its QB situation together?

Nice to finally have some real coaching in New Orleans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why anyone is all that shocked at the outcome. The Saints have a great offense, and Dallas (Roy Williams especially) has been horrible in deep coverage. I don't think NO is the favorite though, despite the win, Dallas and the Bears probably have a better shot. Drew Brees and the offense are playing lights out, but their defense is still garbage, so they are just as vulnerable as the other NFC contenders. NO is like the bizarro Bears, great offense bad defense while the Bears have amazing defense, bad Rex Grossman (though I think Grossman has been worse than the NO defense recently)
Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 PM

Their D didn't look that bad last night e/c for the Julius Jones huge run. The TO catch was a complete fluke for a TD.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:50 PM

Saints defense played much better last night than expected. The Saints match up ok against the Bears. Bears have the best pass defense in the league, a lot of which is because of their great pass rush. The Saints have a great pass-blocking offensive line to counter the Bears pass rush, and Brees/Colston/Bush are very good working the short passing game. The Bears will take away the Saints deep passing game, but not the short game.

On the other side of the ball, the Saints can stop bad Rex but probably not good Rex. Good Rex probably beats the Saints, bad Rex probably doesn't. Of course a lot of it swings on Devin Hester and the Bears getting turnovers/returns from their defense.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey idiot, the Colts lost today, that means Peyton sucks. Loss=suck. Maybe Peyton should learn to win more, and don't you dare blame his D, sure they gave up 2.5 miles of rushing yards, but QBs have the power to "just win football games" an obviously he doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed really hard at this
Old 12-11-2006, 10:11 PM

I'm a Saints fan. Have a buddy that's a diehard Cowboy. I told him I have several years worth of crying towels that he could borrow, but that I'd need em back for the playoffs.