6 143 20.43%
7 244 34.86%
8 157 22.43%
9 42 6.00%
10 19 2.71%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-11-2006, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Saints @ Cowboys

thank god Tony chose this week when I have a 1st round bye to crash back to earth.

He should be great next week vs. Atl
Old 12-11-2006, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? VY just led a medicore team to 6 wins in 8 weeks. I don't care if the Jaguars kill him next week, he's one hell of a winnar and will be around for a while. He just wins, he doesn't need to put up retarded stats. I guess you can say he's lucky, but will see about that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Michaels is doing a nice job here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he really is!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 AM

Bears fans are giggling to themselves.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? VY just led a medicore team to 6 wins in 8 weeks. I don't care if the Jaguars kill him next week, he's one hell of a winnar and will be around for a while. He just wins, he doesn't need to put up retarded stats. I guess you can say he's lucky, but will see about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not care? It's his first real test. If he wins the game I give him all the props in the world. The Titans-Jags rivalry is a heck of a rivalry. Jags have seen him and have film on him and how he played against them. How is this not a true test for him?

All I said is wait one week, I think the jury on Young is still out, for one more week. I understand he is a rookie and will most likely improve, I'm not completely ignorant. I'm sure my dislike for the Titans clouds my view on VY, so if I have to eat my words I will.

I don't see how people take that as a complete disrespectful shot at the young man by saying that next week will be a true test.

[ QUOTE ]
These guys were rookie and off to a slow starts but things are coming together now. VY has lead them to a win the last few weeks and Bush is starting to break out as expected. Maybe people had Higher expectations than I did but IMO these guys are both coming together. VY will leads a good Titans teams for several years IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying they're not good, but Bush's game last week seems to have made people forget the 11 before it. Also, I think that QB's often hit sort of a wall after they play a few games because teams get film on them and can plan better, but I don't have any hard evidence for that.

I think Bush will be a good player for years, and I'm not sold on Young yet, but I won't be shocked if he is too.

My point is that I think it's too early to say the Texans screwed up. None of the players in question have played a complete NFL season.

Al Michaels is high.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 AM

First real test?

He should have killed the Ravens, he put up 26 points on them instead. He beat the Gaints and Indy in successive weeks. Yes he's buffered that with 2 wins against some bad teams, but he's a Rookie. Rookie's usually don't do this, what I mean what they don't do is win. He's doing this with basically the same roster as last year that was a total joke.

And nobody wins in Jacksonville this year, they have 1 hell of a D. If Jacksonville pounds them again, I still won't lose faith in VY.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Al Michaels is high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. He has been [censored] awesome tonight though.

THis has been the most entertaining game Ive seen in a while.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These guys were rookie and off to a slow starts but things are coming together now. VY has lead them to a win the last few weeks and Bush is starting to break out as expected. Maybe people had Higher expectations than I did but IMO these guys are both coming together. VY will leads a good Titans teams for several years IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying they're not good, but Bush's game last week seems to have made people forget the 11 before it. Also, I think that QB's often hit sort of a wall after they play a few games because teams get film on them and can plan better, but I don't have any hard evidence for that.

I think Bush will be a good player for years, and I'm not sold on Young yet, but I won't be shocked if he is too.

My point is that I think it's too early to say the Texans screwed up. None of the players in question have played a complete NFL season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is in fact not TO EARLY.

The Texans had two options that were > than MWilliams.

Reggie or Vince.

There is already rampant speculation that Kubiak will bring in Plummer or another FA QB and let the two(Carr) fight for the starting job.

The Texans are probably okay in terms of RB...so in an argument of who they should have taken it is actually Vince Young over Bush.

For many reasons other than just the fact it would have been the ebst option for their team...it would have been the correct move.