Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 09:24 AM

Default BB/100HH

Hi,
i'm new here and i find this forum really interesting to learn a lot about poker.
Well, i'm a limit hold em player, in micro limits. I would like to know what is a good value for BB/100HH, for 0.25/0.5 - 0.5/1 - 1/2 - 2/4 ?
I used search link but didnt find anything about this... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Thanks for your help! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2006, 09:31 AM

Default Re: BB/100HH

Hey Dou-

Welcome to the forums. There is a parapgraph in the Micros FAQ that I've have quoted below. This should answer your questions:

[ QUOTE ]
Win-rate: The number everyone is concerned about and the number we can do nothing about. Be happy with anything above 0 BB / 100 hands. The measure used is big bets per 100 hands. This accounts for multi-tabling and limit differences whereas $/hr gives you no real indication of success. Don't fret with something below 0 BB/100 if you have a small sample size. Variance and downswings happen and they can be quite large (200+ BB losses) and extend over a long period of time (10K+ hands). Your winrate will decrease as you move up in limits. Since its asked all the time, a 3 BB/100 winrate at .50/1.00 (online) is often regarded as great. 6 BB/100 is probably unsustainable. Once you reach 2/4 (online), 2 BB/100 is great for the long term and 4 BB/100 may be unsustainable. Also, you will be a loser from the blinds. The blind commitment is too great to overcome by solid play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you check out the whole FAQ and the associated links!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:42 AM

Ok, thank you loyalguard, in fact, i saw this paragraph but there is nothing about 0.25/0.5, that's why i posted [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess perhaps a 4 BB/100 would be very good?...
Old 08-28-2006, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thank you loyalguard, in fact, i saw this paragraph but there is nothing about 0.25/0.5, that's why i posted [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I guess perhaps a 4 BB/100 would be very good?...

[/ QUOTE ]

very good and very unsustainable. play about 30k hands and see what your winrate is, then you sample size will be too small, but you might start to get an idea.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very good and very unsustainable. play about 30k hands and see what your winrate is, then you sample size will be too small, but you might start to get an idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

The play at .25/.50 is really bad. Pick the right tables and there is a lot of bad money being thrown into the pots. With good table selection and solid LAGy play (standard loose SSHE) you can crush this level. I've done 6BB/100 over 25k hands there.

For the record I'm 0BB/100 at .5/1 over about 10k hands.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Ok thanks a lot for your posts!
I play after have read "small stakes holdem" from slansky, miller and malmuth. Sometime i think it might be hard to have a great BB/100 with a high selection of starting hand...
Old 08-28-2006, 12:33 PM

Its pretty imperative to not focus on results when you start up cause they can really mess with your head. Try and play tight tactical aggressive poker, get out when you feel emotional (good or bad) and play when you are concentrating the most with your best effort.

You will learn a lot more by playing this way than by shooting for good results.

Good results come through the work and its imperative to work as effectively and effeciently as you can.

Sometimes guys go ok I need 10k hands to figure it out...well lets see...5 tables should get me there in about 24 hours.... I will let you know how I did tomorrow.

I wouldn't suggest following that path.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does rake factor in at .25/.50? The rake eats up a fair amount of your winnings at the higher micros, but it may not do anything there.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:07 PM

I tell you what, this came along at the right time. I've been having a bad run lately, near the verge of thermonuclear tilt. Overall, I'm at 0BB/100 at .5/1 over 5K. I needed this thread to put it all back in perspective.

Whew~
Old 08-28-2006, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much does rake factor in at .25/.50? The rake eats up a fair amount of your winnings at the higher micros, but it may not do anything there.

[/ QUOTE ]

At stars it's like $0.05 per $1.00 in the pot. There's also a maximum rake but I can't recall what it is right now.