Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:54 AM

Default I\'m trying to lose weight! Lots of excerisise and booze, probably

I'm about 5'9 or 5'10 and weigh 225. I am very active and athletic but would love to shed a lot of weight.

So, I'm basically a drunk who wants to lose weight. I'm very active and have the ability to eat very well. I can control myself on what I eat. I'm not sure if combining all of these things will work.

My plan is as follows.

1.)1 hour of basketball a day (usually 20 minutes of shooting around and 40 minutes of intense games)
2.)Eat roughly 1500-2000 calories a day (seems low, but it's what I've been eating for the last week without feeling hungry)
3.) I drink a lot, usually 3 times a week, between 8-20 shots of 80 proof liquor. (With this diet I try to avoid mixing drinks and just chasing with a lime, or a bit of juice.)
4.) Avoid binging, including not exercising for 5 days or going on drinking binges which last for a week.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I can keep all of this up, other than the abnormally low calorie intake, which might be 500 calories higher. I could keep doing this but I'm pretty sure that eating 1200 calories, like I did yesterday, isn't good at all. Any advice?

P.S. I'm not starving myself in any way, most likely I'm either miscalculating my caloric intake, or I'm strangely un hungry.

P.S.S I am very drunk, sorry if any of this is insane or misspelled. he he, I misspelled misspelled.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:46 AM

Default Re: I\'m trying to lose weight! Lots of excerisise and booze, probably

I recommend chasing every fourth shot with a can of Coke.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:16 AM

pretty sure it will be close to impossible for you to shed fat or gain lbm drinking 3x week 8 - 20 shots.

alcohol is sabotaging you in so many ways that i don't think you can overcome it.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty sure it will be close to impossible for you to shed fat or gain lbm drinking 3x week 8 - 20 shots.

alcohol is sabotaging you in so many ways that i don't think you can overcome it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many calories in booze each week?
Doubt that you are at under 2000 calories a day.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:56 PM

So 24-60 drinks a week? That's too much man, it'll seriously slow down your progress. I really don't see any need to drink more than 8 drinks in a night on a weekly basis.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see any need to drink more than 8 drinks in a night on a weekly basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not true. see my thread. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

sure, its better to not drink and only eat healthy food and weigh it out and monitor everything but you can still get plenty of progress from just working out.

i really dont understand the negativity towards plans like this. the guy wants to make a healthy lifestyle change that will only improve himself. and you harp on the negatives.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:24 PM

he's drinking more than you. maybe not on average, but in a given night, and i think liquor is harder on the body than beer, just my experience though. he's also trying to lose weight, which is very difficult to do while drinking liquor, as it is a ton of calories, eats muscle and destroys your metabolism....other than that his diet looks great and i wish him the best of luck.

edit: from everything i've read, i'm pretty sure a bucket of lard would allow you to reach your goals faster than alcohol
Old 09-14-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see any need to drink more than 20 drinks in a weekly basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's drinking more than you. maybe not on average, but in a given night, and i think liquor is harder on the body than beer, just my experience though. he's also trying to lose weight, which is very difficult to do while drinking liquor, as it is a ton of calories, eats muscle and destroys your metabolism....other than that his diet looks great and i wish him the best of luck.

edit: from everything i've read, i'm pretty sure a bucket of lard would allow you to reach your goals faster than alcohol

[/ QUOTE ]

You're backward on the liquor/beer thing. Liquor has less calories in addition the light/dark thing is pretty much meh (not that you said this, but its an ongoing myth).

http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc1375.html
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/14037.html
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/14049.html

The alcohol has the calories. And the deleterious effects on your body. Getting drunk is probably 90% of the problem.

My general feelings on the bottle are pretty similar to diet ice cream. If you're gonna do it, do it right. Unless you're drinking like Mudslides and wanna move to scotch/sode in which case you can cut a lot of cals and reclaim some semblance of dignity.