Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 04:33 PM

Default LIVE at the BIKE, is there a replacement or substitute?

Hey guys, for the past 6 months while ive been 6tabling NL at FTP, I have been watching live at the bike on my other monitor and the content on this show is so far above anything else ive ever heard on the internet or television, unlike shows like the circuit or rounders, Bart and crew provide analysis that any pro could learn from, or at least use to dispute. I was wondering if there were any plans for bringing the show back, maybe with different hosts, or if any other internet site offered something similar? I introduced one of my buddies to the show 3 weeks ago and he is absolutely addicted to it (he plays 25-50 and 50-100 NL). Bart Hanson is the man and I can see why he is jumping into huge games including the 50k HORSE. thanks guys
Old 08-17-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: LIVE at the BIKE, is there a replacement or substitute?

It's nice to see that there's someone out there still watching the show. There was talk that it'd be coming back for Legends, but that appears to have fallen through. There was talk about streaming a tournament in Australia, but never heard anything else about that happening either.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 PM

I enjoyed it until it went ppv. I would rather watch advertisements instead of monthly bill.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 PM

does anyone else get an error about how the security of the page used to purchase archives is old and may be dangerous? I'd like to watch some archives just for the hell of it but I get an error and I rather not proceed to entering my CC data if the security cerftificate is out-dated.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:50 AM

I thought the ten bucks was really well spent, much like paying the monthly fee for cardrunners, if the content is good then I am more then happy to pay for it, I really wish that Live at the Bike would come back, there is so much great information and insight, plus its truly the only REAL poker show, nothing is edited and Bart Hanson is by far the best commentator in poker, was hoping there was more of an outpouring from 2+2 looking for a return of this show or something similar, guess i have to finish the archives.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:29 PM

yeah i still watch it, ten bucks very well spent.

i would probably pay up to $25 a month for it if live broadcasts returned.

Bart, whatchya been up to?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:03 PM

L@TB will never return. Everything has been dismantled and the production space has been removed for a larger Upper Plaza area for additional tables and a rear entrance to the Sushi Restaurant.

The show was very educational (I know, hard to believe coming from me), and Bart and David were the best. We can just hope to look forward to them getting a gig on a network or cable show.

Bart's been playing live pretty much full time after a great showing in WSOP. Look for him doing well in Legends Main Event.

On a side note, I would love Commerce to pick up the L@TB idea and dump some actual $$$$ into it and do a first rate show, commercials, advertising and all, to help offset the costs. I think most people would have agreed that $15 was a small price to pay for even one valuable tidbit. Seriously, how much does everyone win, lose or post dead in a typical game, that $15 would pose a hardship? Hell, if that is the case, maybe they shouldn't be playing higher than $.05/$.10 micro limits online. Just my thoughts. Good luck y'all.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:10 PM

Hey everyone,

To answer the OPs question regarding the show's return it is definitely not going to happen at the Bike. Like Bdub said they have dismantled the area where the L@TB table once stood and totally torn down our broadcast office. However, I still have very limited contact with the producers of the show and they made it sound like they were going to try and open up shop somewhere else. Where that might be who knows? That was part of the problem towards the end of the show--no one told me anything. I had no less than 30 people approach me at the WSOP and ask why the show ended. I don't really have a good answer besides the obvious, lack of funding and profitability. However, I have been told by my ex employers that this was not the reason why the show ended. Anyway I had had enough of being left in the dark and that's why I left.

As far as what's going on right now I have been playing mostly. David and I had an extremely productive meeting with Mori Eskandi and Eric Drache, the two major tv poker producers, during the WSOP and we are clearly on their radar screen whenever a new project begins. The problem as most of you know is that it is very thin time for TV poker due to the hazy online gambling situation in the U.S. I know that David is going to London next month to broadcast the second season of the Million Dollar Cash Game. We are both actively looking for sports broadcasting gigs. A few weeks ago someone on 2p2 contacted me about hosting a new poker show. I sent off a resume and reel but have not heard back. I also sent an email to CardRunners today as they are apparently looking for a co-host on their new podcast. If anyone else has any knowledge of new projects being developed please by all means contact me. I also would appreciate any career advice. Are there any broadcasters out there? How did you get your start? Should I be trying to contact hosting/personality agents?

I enjoyed meeting everyone that said hi to me in Vegas during the WSOP. As for the immediate future I plan on playing the main event here at Legends. Hopefully I'll do as well as my showing at the WSOP.

Bart
Old 08-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Bart,

I haven't kept up with L@TB in some time but I enjoyed the show a great deal when it was broadcasting - I didn't know it was discontinued but I suppose the writing was on the wall once David left. I hope you land on your feet in that business - sure beats the hell out of poker.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:53 AM

Bart,

I was glad to see you had so much success at the WSOP this year. Im sure I owe much of my success to You and Dave and your insights into the game. I hope you are able to find a tv gig soon because you are both much better than anyone currently broadcasting IMO. GL at legends and I hope to see you playing more 10k buy in events.

Nick