Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: THAY3R vs. God

I thought 65s was 25% vs AA and other and 66 was 20% I need to get poker stove on my laptop it seems my numbers are slightly off.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought 65s was 25% vs AA and other and 66 was 20% I need to get poker stove on my laptop it seems my numbers are slightly off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Around 23 and 20. But cmon AK, AQ hands are too prevalent for this minor 3% difference to matter. 65s is clear underdog against them while 66 is relatively signifigant favorite.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:55 PM

You win this round curtains.

But suited connectors are so damn sexy, not to mention good for image.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on pushing with 87s, 65s etc.?

They probably do better against his calling range(Unless you think his calling range is very wide) than like AJ,66,etc, and if he does call, even if I lose I still have plenty of chips and my image will be sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost zero chance that 65s does as well as AJ or 66 vs his calling range, shouldn't even be close IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's calling with mostly better pairs and AQ/AK pretty sure it doesn't of the top of my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

66 is 37% vs 65s 31% against following range of:

TT+, AQo+, AQs+

Against this really tight range AJo scores only around 28% (but of course you get called less often because you have an ace!). Simply throw 99 into the mix and 65s and AJo become almost identical. Add 88 and AJo becomes superior. Meanwhile throw 1 or 2 more hands in and AJo is clearly superior, and I don't think there's any way to say he's never going to call with worse hands than the above.

Meanwhile 66 is mountains ahead, because it's a favorite against any non pair calling hands. Do you realize that 65s only runs 3% better than 66 against a pocket pair? Meanwhile 66 is a favorite everytime he has AK, AQ etc, so that one isn't even in the realm of being a close comparison.

Anyway in the end I don't think it's even remotely arguable that 65s is a better hand to push here than 66 or even AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Curtains