Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Stars PL(0.25)

Apologies if this looks too bad or stupid but it is my first post here and my PLO experience is 2 days long

BB seems to know what he is doing and is tightish (considering that the table is ultra loose) preflop but generally very weak post flop. UTG is a big donk who loves to minbet the flop OOP every time.

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $13.90
Hero: $26.75
Button: $45.50
SB: $5.45
BB: $47.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $1.95</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.95, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4.75</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($15.95, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($15.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $6.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $20.05</font>

What hands do you think he's folding there given the stakes and the read? Most likely not a small flush but he has to fold straights and sets or am I way off?
Old 01-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Stars PL(0.25)

he should fold straights and sets, but that does not mean that he necessarily will. I really don't like this play too much. There will be plenty of opportunities better than this to exploit opponents, and if you are going to bluff, at least have the K of spades in your hand so that if you are up against a thinking player he will possibly fold.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Stars PL(0.25)

I guess you are repping the nut flush, but it seems like a pretty ha.rd sell. I could buy you with Ax of spades until the river

I don't think he's investing money in this spot with a hand that you can push off. He underbet the pot which makes me think he wants to get some money out of his hand. With more money and the Ks I think you can get a fold, but not here.